Quantcast

Suspension gurus help please

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
I have my 05 dorado apart. I have the rebound/compression side bled and all that good stuff. Now I have the spring side apart and the stanction out of the uppers.

The stanction on the non dampening side has the same dampening rod that the other side has. But upon removal of the lower cap the inside of the stanction has just a rod, meaning no shim stack or anything. What is the purpose of the rod on this side since it appears to have no dampening properties? Do I need to put some sort of oil in there like the dampening side?

I am planning on calling Manitou but they are closed now and I was hoping for some sort of clarity from the genious monkeys here.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
I have my 05 dorado apart. I have the rebound/compression side bled and all that good stuff. Now I have the spring side apart and the stanction out of the uppers.

The stanction on the non dampening side has the same dampening rod that the other side has. But upon removal of the lower cap the inside of the stanction has just a rod, meaning no shim stack or anything. What is the purpose of the rod on this side since it appears to have no dampening properties? Do I need to put some sort of oil in there like the dampening side?

I am planning on calling Manitou but they are closed now and I was hoping for some sort of clarity from the genious monkeys here.
its probably there as a dummy shaft or rod or whatever, keeps things from becoming undone. put oil in there like they say, first check that you have a seal and if you had no oil in there before, check that the sealing edge of the seal so to speak, isnt cut up or otherwise in bad shape, seals wear real quick if they arent beign lubed.