Quantcast

suspension platforms

clayton_omer

Chimp
Dec 4, 2008
so at the end of this race season I broke my orbea alma and it is not getting warrantied so i am in the market for a new frame, i also own a bmc fourstroke but i have it set up as my trailbike and do not want to race it (plus i think it is too heavy)

i have raced the bmc a few times and from that i know i want a bike with a better pedaling platform, i like hardtails because i can stand up and jam on short climbs but i want dual suspension to go faster on decents

what frames/suspension designs can you guys reccomend?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I like the Cannondale Scalpel. I think it is the best compromise between hardtail pedaling and FS cush. Plus, the Lefty is the lightest 100mm fork that is not a noodle.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
I like the Cannondale Scalpel. I think it is the best compromise between hardtail pedaling and FS cush. Plus, the Lefty is the lightest 100mm fork that is not a noodle.
+1

Though if your transferring your old parts to a new frame, but wanted a lefty w/ new front wheel, might as well just buy a complete bike for the price as retail un cannondale upgraded leftys arnt cheap.

clayton_omer

Chimp
Dec 4, 2008
well i can get this http://www.aerocatbike.com/Products/M450.pdf thru my team so i might end up replacing my orbea with this and then looking at something more substantial in terms of travel. I race alot of really mundane xc cources and then we go to nationals and the course is alot narlyer. what do you think of the anthem? similar to dw link in performance?

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
well i can get this http://www.aerocatbike.com/Products/M450.pdf thru my team so i might end up replacing my orbea with this and then looking at something more substantial in terms of travel. I race alot of really mundane xc cources and then we go to nationals and the course is alot narlyer. what do you think of the anthem? similar to dw link in performance?
This looks great for flat grassy courses but once you get into those real rocky courses, you are as good as pinch flat. But I cant judge because you are probably pinning it through everything else so by the time you are in the woods you arent doing any chasing.