Quantcast

SussMyBike vs Shockwiz

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've used a Shockwiz before on my trail bike with prior rear shock and fork damper, it suggested minor settings changes, but I'll take any help I can get being a hack. But I've always wanted a better setup on my DH bike with coil front and rear and a Shockwiz is no use there.

Just discovered SussMyBike while watching an unrelated bike video on YT and it can work with coil fork and shocks. It appears to use a retracting wire to take measurements, rather than the air pressure changes a Shockwiz uses.

Anyone heard of them, used one?

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
I only know they rubbed a lot of people the wrong way when they took their money and then didn´t deliver on the product for years.
Seems like they turned the ship around now, but probably safer to only pay for one if they have the item in stock. Which it seems is not the case at the moment.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
I'm not sure how a shock wiz could possibly be a useful device.

Even a motion instruments setup.
You'll have a time/displacement trend your supposed to decipher.

An AIM system with a smarty cam, GPS, front wheel speed, and linear potentiometers will at least let you correlate suspension action to different obstacles.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I have no experience with SussMyBike, just with shockwiz.
@6thElement
Maybe you kan hook your shockwiz to the piggyback of your coil shock?

I like this kind of devices. They are maybe of little use for experienced riders but anyone new to the game, or anyone with suspension tune deafness, will benefit from using them instead of being left in the dark.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
these days the companies always seem to know what's up anyway. i just leave my suspension alone and ride them with their pro-factory tuning right out of the box...

ahhhhhhh......
I couldn't agree more. The suspension on my new bike is 100% better than the "pushed" stuff I was running on a 10 year old bike. I don't exactly fit the average rider mold either.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I couldn't agree more. The suspension on my new bike is 100% better than the "pushed" stuff I was running on a 10 year old bike. I don't exactly fit the average rider mold either.
I really think there’s something very elemental that Push misses in their tuning/analysis. HC97 basically ignores higher shaft speeds that Push insists are impossible, yet there appears to be ample evidence they are encountered fairly commonly.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
these days the companies always seem to know what's up anyway. i just leave my suspension alone and ride them with their pro-factory tuning right out of the box...
I think I'm only running one or two clicks off the recommended settings on my new bike and I haven't really given it a second thought. Actually pretty impressed with the setup recommendations.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think I'm only running one or two clicks off the recommended settings on my new bike and I haven't really given it a second thought. Actually pretty impressed with the setup recommendations.

I bought my last bike used and spent weeks dialing in the suspension, largely removing the spacers and pointless bolt on tuning devices that just made things horrible. When all was said and done ended up a few clicks off of the recommended settings. It probably helps that I am of average weight, height and abilities.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Same here, Ibis did a great job with setup recommendations. Just had to fill the X2 with all 3 spacers.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Well uh
I dont know there's probably people here who would argue that a coil rc2 fox 36 and 40 are better than the current offerings
I think an rc2 works better than a grip 2 or grip 2 vvc.

The 2020 and older x2 series are pretty trash.
Lots of work to get an external hsc adjuster with the end result being a degressive poppet controlled damping. Fox pissing on your feet while telling you how great they are

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I really think there’s something very elemental that Push misses in their tuning/analysis. HC97 basically ignores higher shaft speeds that Push insists are impossible, yet there appears to be ample evidence they are encountered fairly commonly.
When I ordered my new bike with a Pike Ultimate I automatically assumed I would need the HC97 from past experience with forks. First ride out I was blowing through travel and I had little mid stroke support, 2 clicks of high speed compression and I am 100% happy. I also thought I would need moar shimz for rebound because I am 215lbs, not al all.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
When I ordered my new bike with a Pike Ultimate I automatically assumed I would need the HC97 from past experience with forks. First ride out I was blowing through travel and I had little mid stroke support, 2 clicks of high speed compression and I am 100% happy. I also thought I would need moar shimz for rebound because I am 215lbs, not al all.
The hc 97 is a poppet device no?
Trash....
See an mrp fork damper
Also trash

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And I'm also referring to the two forks I had "tuned" by Push. Pretty sure they kept preloaded valves in there that kept them working like crap. I had them re-tune one, but it still wasn't good.