Quantcast

SUV & Minivans in the left lane: Ban?

Should SUV's and Minivans drive in the left lane?

• Total voters

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
If they can meet or beat the flow of traffic in that lane, let 'em stay.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Drive right pass left. Doesn't matter what the **** you are driving.
:stupid:

That's how I roll.

When I saw it in action in Germany, I was blown away at how nice the concept works. But there, they even did that on escalators. Stand to the right, pass, on the left.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
:stupid:

That's how I roll.

When I saw it in action in Germany, I was blown away at how nice the concept works. But there, they even did that on escalators. Stand to the right, pass, on the left.
Some states it is a law you are only supposed to be in the left lane when over taking traffic. To bad it is rarely enforced.

I had a friend that always drove in the left lane. He did not switch lanes because switching lanes is do dangerous. He was nervous as hell riding with me because I only get in the left lane to pass then I am right back into the right lane.

I swear Subaru's must have written in their owners manual "for best performance drive in the left lane" I am always stuck behind a Subaru going slow in the left lane especially on snowy days.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Try driving in Seattle some time. People get in that left lane, disconnect brain, and hang out at 55. I would get right in their trunk, and never once did I see them so much as look in their mirrors.

Part of me wishes I had a big cattle guard. It'd be worth the charges just to teach one of those sheep the less on of stay right unless you are passing. How some d-bags get licenses is quite beyond me.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I rented a mini van last time I was in colorado. I hauled so much rental mini van a$$ that I'm pretty sure that I won the freeway and my medal is in the mail.

Highway rules should adopt desert racing rules: When you come up on someone, honk twice. If they don't move, they're game to be nerfed. If their vehicle gets damaged from the subsequent nerfing, they should have built a better bumper.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
if traffic is flowing well enough for everyone to go the speed limit then y'all should stfu imo

:D

that said, when i drive (my girlfriend's corolla or my parents' cars) i am on cruise control at the limit... in the rightmost lane.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
if traffic is flowing well enough for everyone to go the speed limit then y'all should stfu imo

:D

that said, when i drive (my girlfriend's corolla or my parents' cars) i am on cruise control at the limit... in the rightmost lane.
Other than Asian drivers in single car accidents it is hard to crash when no one else is around. When there are few cars on the road people lallygagging in the left lane causes traffic to bunch up increasing the likelihood of accidents.