Quantcast

$$*!svensday!*$$

Woke up this morning with some odd shit going on. Slightly off balance, which ain't that uncommon as an intermittent effect since my road bike accident in 1991, but had some vision shit going on which made it hard to read the newspaper, central field of vision, sort of like phosphenes with eyes open. If it persists, I'll get it looked at.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Might do a social night ride tonight. I hope the effing mosquitoes won't bite me but will pick somone's tastier blood instead.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Another say of the drywall grind. You think I'd be close to done, but youd be wrong. Mudding all of this solo takes damn near forever.

Got a call from a land owner last night.....

Says there is a fee hundred elk bedded on his property.......

Hopefully today is a day full of hard work.....

Im goin huntin
Jealous, can I come? Got skunked during the whitetail opener and haven't had a chance to get out into the woods since.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You're already dead. Enjoy your elephantitis.

Debating between a Lynksey Ti frame and a chiner carbon aero frame. My understanding is the quality may be pretty similar.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Debating between a Lynksey Ti frame and a chiner carbon aero frame. My understanding is the quality may be pretty similar.

$1k for a Lynskey ti frame?? Boom.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
$1k for a Lynskey ti frame?? Boom.
is that a duh? I loved my last ti bike. It was a little flexy and I wanted disc brakes. Here's disc and 142s. Weight and aero aren't as important as good ride quality and lateral stiffness, but I'm a sucker for good looks.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Apparently I am now responsible for training all of the new reps in the central part of the country. I have a guy from Louisiana following me around today, Monday, and Wednesday. Had three from TX in the last month as well.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Woke up this morning with some odd shit going on. Slightly off balance, which ain't that uncommon as an intermittent effect since my road bike accident in 1991, but had some vision shit going on which made it hard to read the newspaper, central field of vision, sort of like phosphenes with eyes open. If it persists, I'll get it looked at.
If this persists go and get a brain MRI.

I made an early morning run to the Japanese bakery, and then got a double shot of espresso at the coffee place near to there recommended by @SkaredShtles . Then came home and had my morning poop, so y’all know.

Now to drop off the two elder girls at bus and school and then roll into work a bit late (which is kosher given that I’m reading outpatient CTs and MRs today).

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Yah, no joke. I bet this guy paid for a night ride.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hitting Arches for a sunset hike tonight. Finished The Dreamt Land about CA water fuckery. Good book.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yikes, go see the Doc.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It’s been raining steady here since late last night and the temp is in the mid 50s. We seriously need it.

Kind of want to go hiking in this mess. But I gotta go make rings and try to sell moar crap.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The last road bike I road was a Lynski ti frame at an LBS. Let me empathize that I do not like road riding and haven’t since I quit racing xc in ‘94. But that thing was amazing. Almost made me want to...
shoot that price includes their crabon fork and headset ... phffft, that's a killer deal.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Lynskey, no contest!

I might or might not just have bought another one of those micro wheelsize'd bikes. :oops:

That's elephantiasis.
If this persists go and get a brain MRI.
If it persists, I'll report and seek diagnosis, won't attempt to specify the tool. If MRI, I think I'd be averse to the contrast enhancement goo they're fond of.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
If it persists, I'll report and seek diagnosis, won't attempt to specify the tool. If MRI, I think I'd be averse to the contrast enhancement goo they're fond of.
Non-contrast MRI would be fine. It's the appropriate tool if you've had a TIA, and this sounds TIAish.