Quantcast

Swain(In western NY) is planning some new trail features...

rgunn26

Chimp
Jun 12, 2011
I was over at Swain on sat for a bit of volunteer trail work, and found out that they are indeed planning on using some equipment to build some much needed jumps/berms. They also need local riders/builders to come out and lend a hand to build. Simply go to Swain Mountain Biking on face book and let them know you want to help build.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I've been seeing some of the new features on the FB page. Nice to see they're putting more effort into new trails although some of the existing ones were in desperate need of some upkeep as of the end of the season last year.

rgunn26

Chimp
Jun 12, 2011
All the work/new features have been developed using mostly existing trails. All of the features on the FB page plus a few not shown yet can all be hit on the same run, which will be used as one of the two race courses for the Eastern States Cup race. Even more features will be added for the other race course over the next few weeks...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Even though my friends and I are not racers, it is nice to see that the those annual races are bringing more attention to Swain. Those trails used for the races on the right side of the lift are pretty cool.

I was more referring to the older trails that have been there for many years. Some of them were so full of ruts and holes last season that it was rough to ride even with a DH bike.