Quantcast

Swamp Things in dry conditions...

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Rode the swamp things at 7springs GES and in the semi-dry the hooked so damn well, I was thinking anyone actually run them in the dry?

I have 2 brand new DHF's and could easily mount them but they are a absolute PITA to get on/off the 823 tubeless. Im being mad lazy and might just run the swamp things if they dont suck ass.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Swamp thing used to be THE tire for old school grass slalom at Killington..

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
I rode swampy's last weekend at plattekill in what could be the driest conditions the east has seen in a long time and i was very happy with them. as long as its not to rocky i would say go for it. i have to say im impressed with the tires

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
I used to run a swampy on the back on my local tracks as when really dry they would be full of deep pockets of dust an the swampy would dig through it. I never liked them on the front tho as it felt like it would "knife" an made the bike feel tippy.

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
I've used them when it gets deep and dusty, blown out and steep with great results. Usually just a rear but sometimes both. Found them to very obviously squirm on true hard pack - particuarly berms where you can really load them up - and the decision to take them off was pretty obvious.
I've never had them on and wondered if they are the right tyre - they're either great or not.