Quantcast

Swananoa dirt jumps

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
so, we need to make a little build/ride day out there. The Greensboro crew sessioned them for a while yesterday and fell in love. They were a little soft, but almost perfect. I'm thinking maybe in like a month or so...

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
yeah, there are so many jumps dude. I think one of the many lines is a 12 or 14 pack! some small some huge, a couple tabletops, a berm or 2, and a day of fun. I'd say there are like 20-25 doubles.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
mike is on an M3 and merritt is on a Banshee shapparal. hardtails on the smaller jumps. full squish on the big jumps is the way i do it.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
:stosh: Those jumps are terrible. They don't have any flow. The main line gets smaller as it goes along.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
You guys should ride out to Augusta. It would be worth your while intstead of wasting your time at Swananoa

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Charlie, we're dirt jumping not dispersing food on a UN mission. Its just for fun. Plus Augusta is close to no where, whereas Asheville is within a days drive for a lot of folks.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
profro said:
Charlie, we're dirt jumping not dispersing food on a UN mission. Its just for fun. Plus Augusta is close to no where, whereas Asheville is within a days drive for a lot of folks.
Ah, I know! :D Just like giving you a hard time.

Augusta

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
CharlieM said:
You guys should ride out to Augusta. It would be worth your while intstead of wasting your time at Swananoa
i swear dude just once i would like to hear you say something positive about anything other than your jumps in augusta.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No doubt those look nice. But again Swannanoa is still fun. I've only hit them once and I'd like to give them a try again. The day I hit them it was wet too and I did all I could do to clear the main 12 pack. The pits were SOFT.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
So whens everybody supposed to ride there? Maybe I can drive over there and check them out again. The last time I was out there it was a little bit wet. I need another chance to try the jumps out.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
CharlieM said:
:stosh: Those jumps are terrible. They don't have any flow. The main line gets smaller as it goes along.

we can always count on you to chime in as the anti-swannanoa guy. dude...chill the fack out! augusta looks super.....but who wants to drive that far? swannanoa kicks arse, and yes, they need some work....hence the build day.

anyhoo....pics from the last time dickiesbike1 and I went.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
Sorry if I came off to strongly! I didn't realize how I was acting. I will be down for a ride to come hangout with you guys, with a flat shovel in hand!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
CharlieM said:
Sorry if I came off to strongly! I didn't realize how I was acting. I will be down for a ride to come hangout with you guys, with a flat shovel in hand!

bring it on, we will all have fun. i just need to know in advance so i can take the day off from work.

by the way your jumps do look sweet and i will be sure to check them out if i am ever down that way all though they all look way to big/steep for me. maybe by the time i end up down there i will be able to jump. :D

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
I'm in Greenville, SC, just over an hour's drive, let me know when everybody is going to be there. I'm not the greatest jumper (I'm an old man, and just plain skeered), but I always have fun there.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
This sounds like it could be pretty dam big! We could also make it like a little weekend thing and shuttle Kitsuma if anybody wants to. I do. So I was thinking about driving up like on a Friday late afternoon and dirt jumping and building all day on Saturday. Then hit some trails on Sunday morning and head out. How does the weekend after the Massanutten race sound? That would be something like the 21st of May right? Profro, any races that weekend? I'm just throwing something out there so y'all can schedule for it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
uhmmm before we go crazy let me talk to some people to make sure it is ok to go out there. i understand that it is all in with good intentions but lemme just make sure they dont mind.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
the comp is gonna take the better part of the day. also please lemme talk to the guys that do most of the work before the build day. i know they wont have a problem as long as they know it is going on.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
^^^yeah I had no intensions of building new stuff, just revamping the current jumps. ie: fixing the lips and filling in holes and drainage and whatnot. I see what you mean, though.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Loo will be here riding the Rock, so this weekend it out for me. As for the weekend after the Massanutten race I'll probably training for the US Open, which is the next weekend (Memorial Day). The weekend after the US Open I'm on vacation to sunny Charelston (but I'm managing to squeeze in a BMX race down there. :sneaky: ). I might not make it this go around, but maybe the next??????????

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
profro said:
Loo will be here riding the Rock, so this weekend it out for me.
Loo is good peeps. Just keep him well fed and moving and you will be golden.

Oh ya and whatever you do don't say the word "Apples" around his dog (PitBull Mix) Sid. :eek:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Loo is good peeps.
I know. I met Loo twice waaaaaaaaay back in 2002. I had a couple business trips to San Diego and I wanted to take my bike. I met him here on RideMonkey and he totally hooked me up. We had an epic day of riding. Plus he introduced me to NewCastle beer. I'm looking forward to catching up.

I hope he dog doesn't eat my two labs. :(