Quantcast

swannanoa dirt jump directions needed

sin3kal

Chimp
Jan 9, 2004
Atlantic South West
Just moved to asheville. Can someone please pm me directions to the swannanoa trails. I'm still learning my way around and the names of all the streets so specifics would be helpful.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I received a request to remove these directions due to the trail not needing public attention. I typically heed these requests for a couple reasons primarily because we don't need to have yet one more trail destroyed if it's supposed to be kept low key.

Look, guys, I delete a lot of these things and I don't understand why, as riders, you don't get the need to keep these things low key? Just PM the directions (as, I might add, the OP requested), it takes two extra mouse clicks.

If you don't know that the trails are 100% okay to be published to the world, don't post public messages about them. This isn't a little community, and the messages aren't private between the people who post in the thread - you have to act accordingly.

Rust Bucket

Chimp
Nov 2, 2008
They are building a gas station on the property, place got plowed last week. Plus, the property owner is a card carrying member of the NRA and has a real short fuse. If ya feel frisky and try to ride there, go ahead, but there is a high probability you'll be looking down the business end of a double barrel shotgun if ya feel like rolling the dice...

-AJ

Last edited:

mtnbiker75

Chimp
Apr 17, 2009
South Asheville
I created this account to warn other mountain bikers that the Swannanoa Dirt Jumps are no longer rideable. I went there despite Rust Buckets comment thinking it was B.S. It's not. Don't go there, that's all I'm going to say.

mtnbiker75

Chimp
Apr 17, 2009
South Asheville
Sure as sh*t they're gone. That's a fact. I just bought a new P2 DJ'er and now I have to find a place to ride. Scouting some spots. Anybody down to make some jumps ? Screw it, I'm going urban.

KonaKruiser

Chimp
Apr 29, 2009
Candler, NC
Heard about the Swannanoa dirt jumps from an acquaintance. Went there and saw a plowed field. Went down to survey the damage, and see if there were any scraps left to ride. Was threatened by a bald guy who said I was trespassing on his newly purchased property, and that he was going to call the cops. He said I was the third person down there today.

Last edited:

KonaKruiser

Chimp
Apr 29, 2009
Candler, NC
I heard at the I-9 jumps you have to know people, and there's a security guard. Have you ever been to Bent Creek ? It's phenominal. Just got a new FOX 32F-RL Remote model lockout fork. Sooooo ready for this weekend if the weather permits. Shoot, I'll be out there in the rain even. You only live once right ?

Last edited: