Quantcast

swap meet

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
1. I fell in love with so many bike girly's. Good I miss living in Seattle. 2. I made 480!!!!!:D 3. I wish we had a swap meet in the summer to!:(

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Anyone need a E.13 bashguard. I bought the wrong size at the swap meet.:banghead:

I was pretty disappointed in the selection this year. Last year's was a better deal for mountain bikers. It was mostly old junk and road bikes this year.

I can't believe how much they ask for some of the beat-down, used up road bikes. I tried to buy some old, very used, steel road bike with rust spots all over the frame, and the guy wouldn't go lower than $350! Whatever.:rolleyes:

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
We went early, I was hoping to grab a set of street/dj tires or a cheap DJ frame for a cheapo park bike project. Didn't see any tires, but I grabbed a Fetish Cycles DJ frame for $75, pictured below with some of the parts from the bin already installed. I agree, not much interesting for the committed dirt rider, but I can't complain because I got what I wanted!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Big B said:
Anyone need a E.13 bashguard. I bought the wrong size at the swap meet.:banghead:

I was pretty disappointed in the selection this year. Last year's was a better deal for mountain bikers. It was mostly old junk and road bikes this year.

I can't believe how much they ask for some of the beat-down, used up road bikes. I tried to buy some old, very used, steel road bike with rust spots all over the frame, and the guy wouldn't go lower than $350! Whatever.:rolleyes:
Ya, it kinda blew this year. Although I did get a great deal on a set of breaks, the selection was bad. It was like 100:1 roadie vs dirt:nope:

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Big B said:

QUOTE]

What's the 411 on the bash? I may be interested...

Sounds like I didn't miss much at the show, kind of glad I decided to go ride instead lol...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Big B said:
Uh dude, I think you bought that from our table:wonky2: What size do you need? We have like 4 new ones left.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
I need a 4 bolt 104 space bashgaurd to go on my race face prodigy DH crankset. If anyone has something around that would fit then lemme know.

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
bikerpunk98199 said:
any body want a z150 w/ new gold top caps and internals? i couldnt make it to the swap. make an offer
How much you asking for the Z150? I'm building a hardtail, if the price is right I might be interested.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
kinghami3 said:
the expo was all roadie too.
No it wasn't.

i scored a Dainese Suit for 80 bucks at the Swap. There were tons of people there, probably swooping up on everything before you saw it. i couldn't believe how many people were in the swap meet when i rolled in 45 minutes after it started. It was a "sellers" market on that day for sure!

You gotta go into the swap meet not expecting to find a specific thing. Just go in with a wad of cash expecting to find a deal you cannot pass up, for something that you need or will need.

And the expo is what it is, a place to show people what's going on. There are way more roadies than mt. bikers in the area not just the expo. But there are still alot of mt. bike booths there, i was behind one, that were in between 2 others.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Snacks said:
Uh dude, I think you bought that from our table:wonky2: What size do you need? We have like 4 new ones left.
Hi Snacks, I did buy it from your table. I bought the 4x104, 40T. What I needed was 4x104, 36T. Do you have the 36 tooth size?

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
DesuL said:
I need a 4 bolt 104 space bashgaurd to go on my race face prodigy DH crankset. If anyone has something around that would fit then lemme know.
I've got a brand new 4 bolt Race Face bashguard that came off my Diabolus crankset I'd sell.

Or I could replace my used 4 bolt bashguard on my other bike with this shiny new one, and sell the used one for really, really cheap.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Skookum said:
And the expo is what it is, a place to show people what's going on. There are way more roadies than mt. bikers in the area not just the expo. But there are still alot of mt. bike booths there, i was behind one, that were in between 2 others.
Can't a man blatantly over-generalize? :D I was just expecting to see more mt. bike related company booths there, all I saw was FSA and Wolfhound, and was thoroughly disappointed with Kona's booth. Which booth were you behind?

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Snacks said:
I'll check with Kevin:D You should have said 'Hi'
Thanks! I agree I should have said hi, but I didn't want to call you Snacks. I forgot your name from when we met at SST when you were with EvilBob (although the name Amy is stuck in my head, so if I had to guess...).

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
kinghami3 said:
Can't a man blatantly over-generalize? :D I was just expecting to see more mt. bike related company booths there, all I saw was FSA and Wolfhound, and was thoroughly disappointed with Kona's booth. Which booth were you behind?
BBTC booth actively brainwashing people to break their back at Collonade.:)

No the Expo is something that does require a certain acquired taste to be of any interest. Personally i found the time i spent there worthwhile to grub on the donuts they had. They looked like little dog turds but man were they grubbin.:love: :agree:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Skookum said:
BBTC booth actively brainwashing people to break their back at Collonade.:)

No the Expo is something that does require a certain acquired taste to be of any interest. Personally i found the time i spent there worthwhile to grub on the donuts they had. They looked like little dog turds but man were they grubbin.:love: :agree:
Nice, I visited your booth Saturday, but I don't think you were there. Signed up for the mailing list and everything; even got a sticker and stuck it on my car.