Quantcast

Sweating....

PeteNJ

Chimp
Jan 13, 2002
Rutgers NJ (New Brunswick)
Ok,
This may sound like a stupid question but here goes. I am a very athletic person...I ride 4-5times a week and I do weight training at least 4 times a week. I have noticed that I seem to sweat A LOT more than other athletic people. EVEN when Im just walking around and not excersizing. For instance...say it is a sunny 83 degree day...I have to walk two blocks to class. by the time I get to the classroom Im sweating! I am by no means overweight....5'10" 155lbs....just find it curious that I sweat so much. I know there is a misnomer that overweight people sweat...so what gives? Just curious

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by PeteNJ
Ok,
This may sound like a stupid question but here goes. I am a very athletic person...I ride 4-5times a week and I do weight training at least 4 times a week. I have noticed that I seem to sweat A LOT more than other athletic people. EVEN when Im just walking around and not excersizing. For instance...say it is a sunny 83 degree day...I have to walk two blocks to class. by the time I get to the classroom Im sweating! I am by no means overweight....5'10" 155lbs....just find it curious that I sweat so much. I know there is a misnomer that overweight people sweat...so what gives? Just curious
follow this link to TMBRA.com's ask the bike doc it might answer a few questions:
http://www.tmbra.org/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000257
t

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
I just think some people sweat more than others. It just means that you might have to drink more water to compensate and to throw away those white tshirt with the yellow stains under the armpit quickly:D

Endo Verendo

Chimp
Mar 8, 2002
Studio City, CA
If you're an athlete who sweats a lot you're probably an efficient sweat-er. You're sweating 'watery' sweat which is mostly water. People who don't sweat as much have thicker sweat that's mostly lost electrolytes. If you think you're sweating too much, are you taking anything with ginseng in it? That's been proven to increase sweating and electrolyte loss.