Quantcast

Sweet 15 ft. Drop on Pinkbike

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Some of the pinkbike kids have skills, but some... well... I'm not going to be an ass, but you know what I am thinking. Like Acadian(sp?) is the man and super nice, and has skills to back it all up, then there are actual PB kids.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
"That's crazy-with the little sniper/short landing!!"

I LOVE seeing more and more trannys like that. It's like no one has figured out that it might be a bad idea to pack your landing like concrete then hope you don't F' up... Pile em soft, pack it with the front tire, land on the rear.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
A hard and steep landing means you can land front wheel first and ride out of the drop like a regular jump. This is far more ideal than landing rear wheel first in a soft pile of dirt. In the soft pile of dirt, you will loose a lot of speed in the soft stuff, and with the rear wheel first you'll just slam your front wheel down really hard. I much prefer a steep and hard landing. It's smoother.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
THRILLSEEKA said:
"That's crazy-with the little sniper/short landing!!"

I LOVE seeing more and more trannys like that. It's like no one has figured out that it might be a bad idea to pack your landing like concrete then hope you don't F' up... Pile em soft, pack it with the front tire, land on the rear.
You build trails and transitions with the intent of them being ridden and landed on, not crashed.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
No one in my crew has EVER crashed because a tranny was too soft, but I can think of a few close calls on steep hard ones...
Think "Redbull Rampage...?"
And consider this: Smooth fast trannys are ideal when A: you have a lot of run-out, and B: you are using the drop to gain or retain speed for the next hit. Any place we are able to set up bigger drops/gaps here we have about 10 feet max of run-out. So, build em, pack em, lay down 3-4 inches of soft and hang the rear wheel on the top and you don't need brakes to gain control to set yourself back into the 2 foot space between trees.
No one PLANS on crashing, I'm thinking a pile of fluff is nicer than a parking lot. That, and it's more time riding than building. Trannys build themselves.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
ThePriceSeliger said:
Everyone.... This thread is not serious.

No, no, no, it is! Obviously, there's only ONE way to land a jump/drop! Good grief...read my siggy... What fuggin hack can't land a drop? Oh yeah...there's Bender...

...this should be fun... :evil:

I'm gonna go ride, you guys go pack trannys all day.