Quantcast

Sweet Corn.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Amy peels back the husks carefully. And coats the corn with mayonnaise. Then puts the husks back on and grills them. She says it a Michigan thing. I prefer butter and salt on my grilled corn. I like the taste of the grilled corn without the husks on. The corn she gets is like cow corn. I like fancy corn according to her. Her kids like my corn better however...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My friend Amy peels back the husks carefully. And coats the corn with mayonnaise. Then puts the husks back on and grills them. She says it a Michigan thing. I prefer butter and salt on my grilled corn. I like the taste of the grilled corn without the husks on. The corn she gets is like cow corn. I like fancy corn according to her. Her kids like my corn better however...
Cow corn? As in livestock feed?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Like in the gladiator movies?
What movie do you speak of Brother? Thought I had seen them all?

I love to eat corn Raw so any way you cook it is fine with Avy. Mayonnaise,Love it,specially Mexican style. Corn takes on a different texture with cooking style. I do the Water 6 minutes most of the time. Reason being the Kernals Pop in my mouth with juice and soft texture. Also it is the Best/Least work way to cook for a lot of people. The Corn stays Warm for Hours and All of it is in a Big Pot. I Love corn on the Grill too. Just my thoughts for the day. Last,Corn does not taste as Good as when I was younger.

Avy

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I normally have my corn without anything on it.

If the corn hasn't been fantastic quality I like it grilled with a Mexican style spice blend on it with a bit of extra chili.
Still have to another order from Herbies, their spices have so much more flavour than the stuff in the supermarkets.
My local fruit shop got me hooked on the stuff then stopped selling it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pict Sweet frozen Corn in the bag. Always on sale. Fry it up in a pan with butter, cooking sherry, shallots, and red chili pepper flakes. Goes well with grits too.