Quantcast

Sweet, More Halliburton news!!!

Feb 13, 2006
Old Man G Funk said:
This isn't about politics.

Where I work, we come up with the things that we need to carry on our jobs. Our jobs are not dictated by what Bush says/does. We write RFPs in order to contract things out from time to time. We determine what areas we need to focus in, not Bush. Do we have overarching goals? Yes, and those do come from higher up. Might those be influenced by Bush? Yes again. But, that said, what we do on a lower level is very much removed.
you're deluded. it's ALWAYS about politics when you're talking about a govt bureaucratic process. ALWAYS.

if you think it's not, you're just not looking... here, I mean: "Do we have overarching goals? Yes, and those do come from higher up. Might those be influenced by Bush? Yes again. But, that said, what we do on a lower level is very much removed."

"very much removed" by whose say-so?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
particle bored said:
you're deluded. it's ALWAYS about politics when you're talking about a govt bureaucratic process. ALWAYS.

if you think it's not, you're just not looking.
Maybe in the higher etchelon, but not down here with the worker bees.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
particle bored said:
(1) you've gone from the abstract to a specific case that I don't know about, perhaps you could tell me what specific case you reference.

(2) true, but ultimately relevant only in an academic setting. what matters is how the RFP is drafted and ultimately results in a K award, not the theoretical damage exposures. you again SEEM TO BE confusing what process has yielded with what realpolitik demands.

Do you have any idea how much legal over sight there is on an federal RFP (especially a no bid RFP) before it hits the streets?

Didn't think so.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
particle bored said:
Man, I did it again and looked.

The bureaucratic process has NOTHING to do with politics, and everything to do with self advancement.

Christ, this is politics 101.:rolleyes:

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
particle bored said:
(1) you've gone from the abstract to a specific case that I don't know about, perhaps you could tell me what specific case you reference.

(2) true, but ultimately relevant only in an academic setting. what matters is how the RFP is drafted and ultimately results in a K award, not the theoretical damage exposures. you again SEEM TO BE confusing what process has yielded with what realpolitik demands.
(1) Um, have you even looked at the title of the thread?

Feb 13, 2006
Transcend said:
The beauracratic process has NOTHING to do with politics, and everything to do with self advancement.

Christ, this is politics 101.:rolleyes:
I agree with you. self-advancement in govt employment is pure politics. as is bureaucracy itself.

but then, we all have a chance to define "politics" for our own uses, don't we?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
fluff said:
You've got to hand it to this guy, he's got N8 posting properly...
This guy is like the next Unabomber. N8 knows if he pisses him off, he is going to get letter bombs filled with this guy's soiled panties...all nicely waded up.

Feb 13, 2006
Old Man G Funk said:
(1) Um, have you even looked at the title of the thread?
I had to check, since you quickly went from abstract to specific. I don't like to make wrong assumptions, unlike some people in here who are quite comfortable arguing from a gauzy notion premised more on faith than fact.:hot:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Andyman_1970 said:
Wow, I hope he stays out of any "Jesus" threads...........
I wouldn't count on it. Jesus is a fabrication of the American Government. The second coming is actually when the Gmen show up at your door to take you away for re-education.

Feb 13, 2006
Transcend said:
This guy is like the next Unabomber. N8 knows if he pisses him off, he is going to get letter bombs filled with this guy's soiled panties...all nicely waded up.
why is it you share YOUR fantasies, but attribute them to me?

Siggy Freud LOVES you, man. LOVES you.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
particle bored said:
I had to check, since you quickly went from abstract to specific. I don't like to make wrong assumptions, unlike some people in here who are quite comfortable arguing from a gauzy notion premised more on faith than fact.:hot:
Then, you noticed that it is specifically about Halliburton (a company that got a no-bid contract, thus circumventing the RFP process)?

Feb 13, 2006
Transcend said:
I wouldn't count on it. Jesus is a fabrication of the American Government. The second coming is actually when the Gmen show up at your door to take you away for re-education.
actually Jesus is a fabrication of the English Peerage, as is Israel.:hot:

Feb 13, 2006
Old Man G Funk said:
Then, you noticed that it is specifically about Halliburton (a company that got a no-bid contract, thus circumventing the RFP process)?
indeed. the no-bid exclusion is what made the award problematic.

but I'm sure it was done according to Fed Reg process.

I find it interesting that nobody comments on the huge conflict of interest problem inherent in the fact that our Govt awards no-bid Ks to the VP's primary source of economic wellbeing.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Old Man G Funk said:
I'm quite sure that Israel exists.
I'm pretty positive is does as well.

The US Government has altered every single map you can see in the US, hence the reason you "think" israel exists.

It's a plot. All those soldiers in the middle east who thought they were going to invade Iraq were actually taken to what we think is Israel, and turned into human batteries for the machines.

Feb 13, 2006
Transcend said:
I'm pretty positive is does as well.

The US Government has altered every single map you can see in the US, hence the reason you "think" israel exists.

It's a plot. All those soldiers in the middle east who thought they were going to invade Iraq were actually taken to what we think is Israel, and turned into human batteries for the machines.
don't go stealing the Brothers Wachowski's stories.

what did I say? 3d rate hack scribe. no originality.:hot:

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
particle bored said:
yeah, hundreds of thousands of dead Palestinians agree too, unfortunately they were forced to agree by gunpoint or bombshard.
Whether you agree with how Israel was formed or agree with the current politics, the fact remains that it does indeed exist.

Feb 13, 2006
N8 said:
I don't think any more discrediting is needed...
I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the freak show now like the rest of you...
:)
won't be a real freak show if you don't participate, Halliburton Profit Boy!

Feb 13, 2006
Old Man G Funk said:
Whether you agree with how Israel was formed or agree with the current politics, the fact remains that it does indeed exist.
oh man. do you think that because someone like Transcend creates a fictive post attributing paranoid conspiracy thoughts TO ME, that I naturally follow what Transcend libellously states?

of course Israel "exists," and has since 1947. the real issue is how did it come to exist, and why is it that the Zionists got to steal Palestinian land to make Israel?

before the Zionist movement, where was Israel?

FWIW, I agree with Norman Finkelstein's perspective on Israel.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
particle bored said:

I find it interesting that nobody comments on the huge conflict of interest problem inherent in the fact that our Govt awards no-bid Ks to the VP's primary source of economic wellbeing.
You need this: http://www.factcheck.org/article261.html

You're just upset because Dick didn't finger bang you first!

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
particle bored said:
You seem to think that the process itself is problematic, so your statement here seems to make little sense.
That's part of the problem. It doesn't appear to have followed the process.
Yeah, that's part of the problem. Tell us something we don't know. Simply because it didn't specifically come up (probably because it's already been talked about to death) doesn't mean that posters here are either unaware of it or not concerned about it.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
particle bored said:
oh man. do you think that because someone like Transcend creates a fictive post attributing paranoid conspiracy thoughts TO ME, that I naturally follow what Transcend libellously states?

of course Israel "exists," and has since 1947. the real issue is how did it come to exist, and why is it that the Zionists got to steal Palestinian land to make Israel?

before the Zionist movement, where was Israel?

FWIW, I agree with Norman Finkelstein's perspective on Israel.
I'm doing nothing of the kind. I took "fabrication" to mean lie or "is not real." Not real means it does not exist. Of course, I was being tongue in cheek, but that was completely lost on you.

Feb 13, 2006
N8 said:
I am not being John "worthless" Kerry's parrot. I don't care what John Kerry said as a matter of campaign strategy.

the point is that Cheney's wealth comes from Halliburon/Kellogg/B&R and that his influence in their direction is improper, as it was for George Shultz to bid Ks on Bechtel's behalf as he did while he was Secy of State.

Feb 13, 2006
Old Man G Funk said:
1) You seem to think that the process itself is problematic, so your statement here seems to make little sense.

2) That's part of the problem. It doesn't appear to have followed the process.

3) Yeah, that's part of the problem. Tell us something we don't know. Simply because it didn't specifically come up (probably because it's already been talked about to death) doesn't mean that posters here are either unaware of it or not concerned about it.
1) well, you're arguing against a fictive construct that you've attributed to me. ask me a Q if you want an answer. it's quite simple.

2) the "process" is, as I said, a fairly poor indicator of rectitude. that's my point.

3) that may be so. pardon me for not being able to read minds.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Transcend said:
When you read something like this first thing in the morning, you just know it is going to be a good day.

:thumb:

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
particle bored said:
1) well, you're arguing against a fictive construct that you've attributed to me. ask me a Q if you want an answer. it's quite simple.
No, I'm arguing that you've made some contradictory statements.
2) the "process" is, as I said, a fairly poor indicator of rectitude. that's my point.
And that has nothing to do with the thread. If you want to start a new thread to bring this up, go ahead.

Of course, your statement here doesn't jive with your statement that the problem with the Halliburton contract was that it DIDN'T follow the process. That would seem to say that there wouldn't be a problem had they simply followed the process, the same process you are calling flawed in many other posts.
3) that may be so. pardon me for not being able to read minds.
No one expects you to read minds, but don't expect the same from us. If you wanted to talk about Cheney's ties to Halliburton, you shouldn't expect us to A) bring it up and/or B) read YOUR mind and know that YOU want to talk about it.