Quantcast

Sweet mother of GOD!!!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
the BIG cheese said:
I hear ya n8! I almost called in today.....

My AC has been going non-stop since 6:30 this morning.... oh well... here's to ANOTHER $175 a month electric f'ing bill... muthafawkers!

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
I agree, colder is lots better, like you said, just add clothes. But i like it when its nice and cold, it's nice when my room is below 55F when i go to sleep. During the winter i have a fan blowin the cold air into my room during the day.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
SkaredShtles said:
Cold RULES!

i didnt say i dont like PLAYING in it, i just dont want to live day to day in it.

warming up car forever, shoveling sidewalks, taking 15 minutes to bundle up before you go out, just the all the general bs associated with having to prepare to leave your sphere of warmth to go outside

now if i could just transport to a sweet, powdery, mtn of fun everyday that would rule but the reality of everyday hassles...no thanks you can have it!!!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
psh, buck up. it's been close to that here for the past 2 weeks. off and on all summer long. i have to be out the door at 6 to run without dying. i left for work friday at 10 o clock and it was already 90 degrees outside.

the high for today however is only 89, and rumor has it that at some point this week it's dropping into the 60's. i pulled out my boots and sweaters already.

J

JRB

yeah - it's hot here, but whatever. Why bitch??? I haven't moved, so it's my fault.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
well looks like the forecasts were wrong for my area. today, 100 with a heat index of 110. i've never been so ready for december.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
We did a road ride today, when we were finishing up it was already about 95F, there isn't much you can do about it. I've ridden in as high as 117f, but at least it was dry, so not so bad. The humidity combined with the heat is just miserable. N8 you should move some place like .... New Mexico.

J

JRB

laura said:
well looks like the forecasts were wrong for my area. today, 100 with a heat index of 110. i've never been so ready for december.
No kidding. Our road ride was stupidly brutal today. I refuse to get up at daybreak to go ride. I guess I will just buck up.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Hot weather sucks. I spent 30 of my 33 years sweating to death. If I decide to move from the coastal weather I'm currently enjoying, it will be to someplace sorta cool....but not hot!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
N8 said:
My AC has been going non-stop since 6:30 this morning.... oh well... here's to ANOTHER $175 a month electric f'ing bill... muthafawkers!
I would be happy if my electric bill was only $175! As for the heat, I like it much more than the cold...

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
laura said:
psh, buck up. it's been close to that here for the past 2 weeks. off and on all summer long. i have to be out the door at 6 to run without dying. i left for work friday at 10 o clock and it was already 90 degrees outside.

the high for today however is only 89, and rumor has it that at some point this week it's dropping into the 60's. i pulled out my boots and sweaters already.
60s in friggin' shorts and T-shirt weather in CO :D
It's perfect temp for a long road ride too!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
It's been really, really nice here all summer. Hot enough to grow tomatoes, but low humidity and usually there is a really nice breeze, (like today).

Winter time will never get below 40d.

:blah:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Here in LR the heat index was hovering around 110 both days. I worked in the yard for about 4 hours on Satuday and didn't have the "grapes" to hit the road for a ride - it's only about 90 right now so it will be nice for a road ride tonight.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Andyman_1970 said:
Coming from someone who lives in a dry heat..................pppppppplllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeee
It's monsoon season for about another month. Try not to read too many post cards for your information...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I don't by that "but it's a dry heat" BS. I have been in 110 degree heat in high humidity and low humidity, and you know what? It's still 110 FREAKING DEGREES!!!!!! Once it get's over 90 it sucks, with or without humidity.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Actually, I've been commuting all summer and 100-115 is so much easier to ride if it's low humidity. Once your body adjusts to the desert, it's not as bad as many people think.

See, you are pvssies! :evil:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stinkyboy said:
Actually, I've been commuting all summer and 100-115 is so much easier to ride if it's low humidity. Once your body adjusts to the desert, it's not as bad as many people think.

See, you are pvssies! :evil:

Don't even try to BS me... I've lived in NM and in Louisiana and I know that low humidity (even during the 'monsoon' season) ain't squat compared to a state that gets an average of 5 1/2 feet of rain per year. We get more rain in a good rain storm than most desert regions get in a year.

:dead:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
I don't by that "but it's a dry heat" BS. I have been in 110 degree heat in high humidity and low humidity, and you know what? It's still 110 FREAKING DEGREES!!!!!! Once it get's over 90 it sucks, with or without humidity.
I'd say for me 100 is about the threshhold. Low/mid 90's here is very tolerable. Of course, that's on days the humidity is hovering around 8%. :p

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
N8 said:
Don't even try to BS me... I've lived in NM and in Louisiana and I know that low humidity (even during the 'monsoon' season) ain't squat compared to a state that gets an average of 5 1/2 feet of rain per year. We get more rain in a good rain storm than most desert regions get in a year.

:dead:
Dude, when did the rain gauge get whipped out? I'm talking about riding everyday for 3-4 months in 100+ degrees, but late summer brings the monsoons (which usually hit in the evening) but the riding is more of a pain as the humidity turns you into a sweaty mess compared to the rest of the summer.

http://www.azcentral.com/relocationguide04/reloc_valley.html

:cool:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stinkyboy said:
Dude, when did the rain gauge get whipped out? I'm talking about riding everyday for 3-4 months in 100+ degrees, but late summer brings the monsoons (which usually hit in the evening) but the riding is more of a pain as the humidity turns you into a sweaty mess compared to the rest of the summer.

:cool:
Yeah riding here is a funny thing. Sometimes when it's hot the only way I know I'm sweating is from the salt stains on my helmet straps. :D

J

JRB

It was hotter than fire in Ft Davis yesterday morning. 99 all the way home. :dead: