Quantcast

Sweet...Motorheads comin to SF

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
:thumb:

Mad jealous. Lemmy is so cool. I hope they come around here. Man its been a long time since I have had the chance to see them. Now this is a proper post. Keep em coming.....jdcamb

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
social D recently played 2 nights in boston.

i abstained :devil:

however, Hood is coming to town soon, but unfortunately i'll be away, dammit. will get to see robyn hitchcock at the end of March though.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
C.O.C has a new album coming out. I hope it's better then the last one. you know,the country album they put out.....:nuts:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
jdcamb said:

Mad jealous. Lemmy is so cool. I hope they come around here. Man its been a long time since I have had the chance to see them. Now this is a proper post. Keep em coming.....jdcamb

Whew...thank god...I was up all night worrying about keeping you entertained. :D (BTW, I nearly forgot to take the board off my truck again...noticed it when I went in the garage to grab the laundry...just thought you'd like to know)

Anyone in the SF area that is interested, you can get presale tickets today starting at 10 am through tomorrow at 5 pm. Secret password is 'inferno'.

It's on Friday, April 8 at the Warfield (KICK ASS PLACE to see a show) :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
social D recently played 2 nights in boston.

i abstained :devil:

however, Hood is coming to town soon, but unfortunately i'll be away, dammit. will get to see robyn hitchcock at the end of March though.

I like Robyn Hitchcock. Is it still Robert Hitchcock and the Egyptians or just Robyn Hitchcock now?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I looked at Motorhead, and I noticed there is a Motorhead toolbar for your browser. Wow, I didn't know that Lemmy was a web programmer as well!!!

BTW, this seems like the right thread for it: did anyone go to the Hank3 show in SF?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dh girlie said:
It's on Friday, April 8 at the Warfield (KICK ASS PLACE to see a show) :thumb:
DAMMIT.

That's on my birthday, but I'm going to still be on my honeymoon!

Maybe I can convince the bride that going to see Motorhead is THE romantic thing to do....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Hello Kitty said:
AWesomE !!! i have not seen MOTORHEAD in years when they opend up for Judas Priest back in 89 or 90

if you get a chance check out HIGH ON FIRE http://www.relapse.com/ecards/highonfire/
They now have Joe Preston, (ex-Melvins, Thrones) on bass. I have yet to see them w/ the new line up, but it should be even LOUDER. (if that's possible :think: )

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Hello Kitty said:
AWesomE !!! i have not seen MOTORHEAD in years when they opend up for Judas Priest back in 89 or 90

if you get a chance check out HIGH ON FIRE http://www.relapse.com/ecards/highonfire/
when you first started posting in one of the metal music threads I thought, "man, this chick knows whats up!". :o: then later realized you were not a girl... :monkey:

I just picked up HIGH ON FIRE - Blessed Black Wings over the weekend. good stuff. :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
H8R said:
DAMMIT.

That's on my birthday, but I'm going to still be on my honeymoon!

Maybe I can convince the bride that going to see Motorhead is THE romantic thing to do....

Perhaps you could tell her that Lemmy ain't no spring chicken! And that this could be quite possibly her only chance to check em out...you can ALWAYS go on a honeymoon...THE romantic thing is doing something FUN together...what spells FUN more than seeing Motorhead and Corrosion of Conformity at the WARFIELD of all places...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
dh girlie said:
Perhaps you could tell her that Lemmy ain't no spring chicken!
I met him years ago in Minneapolis when we played a show with them. He's quite the gentleman, actually.

As far as COC goes, that should be a hoot. The last time I saw them was around 1986 when they were still touring for the album Animosity.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:
I like Robyn Hitchcock. Is it still Robert Hitchcock and the Egyptians or just Robyn Hitchcock now?
erm, don't recall him ever being called Robert. i don't think he's got the Egyptians w/ him (last record he did was w/ noted bluegrassers Gillian Welch and David Rawlings). i get the feeling it will be an acoustic show but i could be wrong.

got an awesome bootleg last month of Hitchcock and "heavy friends" (not sure who was in teh band) doing the complete Beatles White Album live. easytree.org seems to be great, i just need to figure out this bittorrent thing.