Quantcast

Sweet Potato Fries!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
We're breaking out the deep fryer tonight (wedding gift) and making some sweet potato fries.

I just mixed up a mayonnaise, too--first time I ever made it fresh. Got ahead of myself and made it with fancy mustard, balsamic vinegar, and lots of garlic...nice and tangy. Going to be fun to play around with different flavors in the future.

Going to crack open a bottle of Belgian ale that my wife got me for the holidays and have at it. If I die of an arterial blockage later, know that I went out right.

It's too bad we don't have a basket of steamed mussels, Belgian-style, to go along with it. That is all.

-MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
OMFG--

Garlic balsamic mayonnaise.

3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp wholegrain dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 or 2 cloves garlic

Whisk egg yolk, salt, mustard, and vinegar till smooth. Start drizzling in oil very slowly while whisking or using an electric mixer on super-low. Keep going...you can speed up the oil as you go and it emulsifies more and more.

It will be a brown mayo--don't worry. When it's done and nice and creamy, press in your garlic to taste. Mix/whisk to distribute garlic.

Then you will die as you dip deepfried sweet potato into it and enjoy deepfried starch smothered in oil and garlic.

I'm not a man for subtle flavors, mind you.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I don't know why more restaurants don't have sweet potatoe fries - way better than regular fries. That sounds great Mike, I'll have to whip some of that mayo up.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You won't regret it. Unless you just ate as much of it as I did...