Quantcast

Sweet Potato's grilled

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Grill some Sweet Potato's Peel them or not. Olive oil or not. Some salt and pepper or not. Sumac or curry or not.
In a pan sauté some shallots and garlic in butter. Put some spinach in the pan and cover for a few. Stir up the mess. Serve over the Sweet potato's. Pepper flakes and chopped green olives to finish. The next day you can refresh it with lemon and Olive oil.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Made this again for the Sexy maids street party. Used lump charcoal and curry. Used the same fire for beer can chickens. My friend Sam made Open Pit style sauce. It was perfect. Just like your Moms... Had some scissor hash. It was stupid strong. Will not try again. Its not fun to be that high for me anymore... I don't like when they load the Dutchy with Tobacco. Fucks up the taste of the Hash...

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I am shocked there are even three people in the world, let alone this forum that don't like sweet potatos. They are the main ingredient in one of my favorite dishes, so here is the recipe (baked, not grilled):
  • Pre heat oven to 410 Freedoms
  • Peel potatoes and cut into pieces about 2" long 1/2" thick. Put them into a bowl and toss with a bit of olive oil for just a thin coating.
  • Place potatoes on a baking sheet and make sure they have space to the side and don't touch. Sprinkle with some sea salt. Slide those bad boys into the oven and bake them for 30 to 40 minutes, letting them darken slightly without turning black. In the meantime, make my awesome dip:
  • Combine 1 can of roasted and salted cashews, 2-3 tablespoons of Tahini, 1 tablespoon honey, the juice from half a lemon, some chili flakes and just a bit of milk or almond milk for the right consistency. Blend everything until it's nice and creamy and only add milk very carefully if it comes out too thick.
  • You still have 20 minutes left, so make your favorite salad.
  • Serve everything together and discover later that you weren't missing meat at all.