Quantcast

Sweet vid. what's the deal?

tomacdaddy

Monkey
Feb 2, 2005
Minturn, CO
Nice. Good for Bryn & Jill. I hope Transition is treating em right -- they are both incredible brand ambassadors.

I'm surprised they are rolling Fox suspension...

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
If that is Bryn, he doesn't quite look his usual super-fit state...? Not that I'm really one to talk. Hope that's correct though, love watching that guy ride - IMO one of the most underrated riders around.

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
If that is Bryn, he doesn't quite look his usual super-fit state...? Not that I'm really one to talk. Hope that's correct though, love watching that guy ride - IMO one of the most underrated riders around.
I reckon the fact that one of the riders is wearing pinstripe knee pads is the big giveaway. Cant be many other people in North America wearing those.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
hmm i wonder who the other rider is.. lars??

theres a tr450 with a white 40 and theres one with a black 40, i wonder whats up? def not jill riding.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Wow astute observation, all from a 30 second clip... I guess next time its snowing and they are riding he should wear a skinsuit instead of a few layers of insulation just so people dont leap to scientific conclusions.
Ah FFS calm down. I'm just saying I wouldn't have picked it to be him, cos usually he DOES look super fit. How am I gonna know how cold it is in a video? He was wearing shorts and a short-sleeve jersey for starters. Seriously, make one comment on this site and you have half a dozen people jumping down your throat.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Wow astute observation, all from a 30 second clip... I guess next time its snowing and they are riding he should wear a skinsuit instead of a few layers of insulation just so people dont leap to scientific conclusions.
Maybe someone should get out their ruler and measure his calves in this clip and compare it to previous videos. I bet the thread would be 4 pages long.

dondon

Monkey
How am I gonna know how cold it is in a video? He was wearing shorts and a short-sleeve jersey for starters. Seriously, make one comment on this site and you have half a dozen people jumping down your throat.
Well you managed to make an assumption with no visual clues other than a flapping baggy jersey that he appeared unfit or fat. So i would have thought the grey skies, muddy puddles and HINT, SNOW on the trailside not to mention long tights under the knee pads would have clued you up that it was cold. I guess you aren't Sherlock after all.

I dont usually jump down peoples throats but it just amuses me how people on the internet can make judgement calls from so little.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Well you managed to make an assumption with no visual clues other than a flapping baggy jersey that he appeared unfit or fat. So i would have thought the grey skies, muddy puddles and HINT, SNOW on the trailside not to mention long tights under the knee pads would have clued you up that it was cold. I guess you aren't Sherlock after all.

I dont usually jump down peoples throats but it just amuses me how people on the internet can make judgement calls from so little.
Judgment? I said I didn't RECOGNISE him cos it didn't LOOK like how he usually looks. Why would I be judging him when I specifically said I was keen to see him riding? Snow on the side of the trail = so what? There was 2ft deep drifts of snow lying around in Whistler when it was 25C at the start of the season. If it's that cold, why no pants or jacket? Sorry I didn't see the thermal underwear, guess I was too busy watching some riding instead. Obviously my priorities were in the wrong place there. :rolleyes:

How's the hypocrisy in "making judgement calls from so little" when you're doing exactly the same thing? Seriously mate, chill the f**k out. It wasn't intended as a slight on Bryn, you're just blowing one simple remark way out of proportion.

ANYWAY - if Bryn/Jill are riding for Transition, sick. Be good to see Bryn back on a factory ride and dishing out some more punishment to the dirt.

edit: was Bryn on the black or the white fork? Cos it was the rider with the white 40 who appears at 0:14 who I was referring to. If that's not him, then no friggin wonder I didn't think it looked like him.

Last edited:

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Pretty sure Lars is the rider on the white fork. It would make sense he'd look different as Lars is a few inches shorter than Bryn.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Don't they have contracts that run till Dec 31st with SRAM and Intense? Perhaps not, but 'IF' so, that would be quite hacky to be running new frames and forks in public before current contracts are up.

All based on assumptions since we do not even know if it is them in the video. But isn't that what the internet is for?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Don't they have contracts that run till Dec 31st with SRAM and Intense? Perhaps not, but 'IF' so, that would be quite hacky to be running new frames and forks in public before current contracts are up.

All based on assumptions since we do not even know if it is them in the video. But isn't that what the internet is for?
Good point, maybe that is why they didn't say any names and only gave close up shots of the bike, and stressed the point that it would be announced January 1st. :)