Quantcast

Sweet!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
We just had someone get ticked off and quit.... oh the drama.....

This should make the day interesting....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
What did you do to tick him off ?
it was a her and I always kept her cool. She's good at flying off the handle but I was always her buddy. Well today the boss was on her big time.

Oh oh oh.. they're fighting in the parking lot now.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
it was a her and I always kept her cool. She's good at flying off the handle but I was always her buddy. Well today the boss was on her big time.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:

Is there any gunplay?

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I thought you were saying that someone quit RM. Teach me for reading one of your posts first thing when I get in.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
This thread is worthless without pics.
bwahhhhhhh it's all over now.

We had to shut the server down because she was the one who maintained it and she can get in from home.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
You guys are so screwed.
actually between myself and the other guy we can do it. However she wasn't really the IT person we had interviews this week to find a company to come in and be the IT people. So it all works out.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
stosh said:
actually between myself and the other guy we can do it. However she wasn't really the IT person we had interviews this week to find a company to come in and be the IT people. So it all works out.
So now you'll be outsourcing your IT? Now you're REALLY screwed...

*ring*
"Hello, tech support"
"Hi, my desktop just died and I have a project due to a client this afternoon!"
"Sir, have you submitted a trouble ticket?"
"Um, no. My computer's dead and I need help!"
"Sir, you'll need to access our website and submit a ticket before we can help you"
"But my computer's dead!"
"Sir, once you've submitted a ticket, a customer service representative will contact you in 1 to 3 business days..."
"My project is due tomorrow!"
"The customer service representative will go over all the details about your problem at that time, sir"
"but...but..."
"Once the CSR determines your problem, a first response technician will contact you to set up a schedule appointment to diagnose your computer, usually within 1 to 2 weeks after the CSR has submitted your issue"
"I NEED HELP NOW"
"Sir, yelling won't get your ticket submitted any faster. Have a nice day"
*click*

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
pixelninja said:
So now you'll be outsourcing your IT? Now you're REALLY screwed...

*ring*
"Hello, tech support"<snip>
BWAHAHAHAHAaa!!!! That sounds exactly like the drill in my office. We don't outsource, but we have a central IT office that covers HQ and 2 satellite offices. The only difference is our folks get snotty.
"Well you should have saved a backup on the network"
"I did, but the network is down, again"
"Don't tell me how to do my job!" *click*

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
BikeGeek said:
BWAHAHAHAHAaa!!!! That sounds exactly like the drill in my office. We don't outsource, but we have a central IT office that covers HQ and 2 satellite offices. The only difference is our folks get snotty.
"Well you should have saved a backup on the network"
"I did, but the network is down, again"
"Don't tell me how to do my job!" *click*
Yeah, we tried to outsource IT here...it failed miserably. We had a couple techs onsite, but we couldn't talk to them, we had to call down to Dallas to talk to someone in their main office (we're in Denver). They had a rep come in to re-explain how things work after a couple months because people here would just go over to the tech's and ask them questions. You should have heard the abuse everyone gave the rep when he tried to tell us that it really IS more efficient for us to call Dallas, put in a trouble ticket, have the call center contact the tech, wait for a response, then finally get them over to your desk to see what the problem is. We shortly went back to a dedicated inhouse IT dept.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
We unplugged the internet connection which she was using to access the server. Everything has been taken care of. Our Tech support guy called up while on vacation in Mexico and had a guy up here in 3 hrs.