Quantcast

sweet

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Every now and then I work some really heinous crashes up on highway 9. July 17 was one of those. a motorcycle went head on into a porsche. We did our best on the ground, loaded him into an air ambulance and flew him to a trauma center. Based on what we dealt with I gave him a 50/50 chance. Wrong

he posted on BARF today. he is severly busted up, gonna be in the hospital for months and months but damn he is alive...we got it freaking right:weee::weee::weee::weee:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So you did your job?

Every time I design something that works from now on I'm going to start a thread about it.
yep but 99% of the time we never find out the outcome. This time we did and it was on someone that was really iffy to make it to the hospital. There are a couple of guys here on RM that ride motos on that road and knew of /saw that crash. this post was for them.

hey tell you what, just put me on your ignore list and you wont have to go through the pain of reading anything I post and then having to come up with a witty retort:D

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Looks like they delivered a fresh load of attitude to grandpa's house.

Eric, I'd call it a win anytime you can kept someone breathing after a devilcycle accident. An old friend of mine recently took one of those really expensive helicopter rides after he left the bar buzzed and went though a fence.

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
With the amount of carnage you must see day in/out vs's what most other people in our populous see in their lifetime, congrats on you for being able to deal with it all. I couldn't do it.

Earlier this summer I was first to arrive/administer first aid CPR/and witnessed one death on scene (SUV rollover - both eventually didn't make it). I cant imagine having to see that on a regular basis, I couldn't sleep for nights after that...you have to find solace somewhere, and getting this kind of feedback (the guy you provided 1st aid to) must help. Good on you.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
yep but 99% of the time we never find out the outcome. This time we did and it was on someone that was really iffy to make it to the hospital. There are a couple of guys here on RM that ride motos on that road and knew of /saw that crash. this post was for them.

hey tell you what, just put me on your ignore list and you wont have to go through the pain of reading anything I post and then having to come up with a witty retort:D
Relax man, just bustin' your chops. :p

Good on ya for saving a life.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Every now and then I work some really heinous crashes up on highway 9. July 17 was one of those. a motorcycle went head on into a porsche. We did our best on the ground, loaded him into an air ambulance and flew him to a trauma center. Based on what we dealt with I gave him a 50/50 chance. Wrong

he posted on BARF today. he is severly busted up, gonna be in the hospital for months and months but damn he is alive...we got it freaking right:weee::weee::weee::weee:

Having been on the other side of this, I made sure to stop by the local AMR and Station 17 to thank all the guys (and gal) who responded to my accident when I was released. Next February will be 5 years, they will probably all get a case of beer from me. Good on ya for a job well done. :cheers:

Must spread.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
So let me ask you this... Since it was a Porsche and a bike I'm not sure... Who was on the wrong side?

Porsche and other car = Porsche on wrong side
Moto and other car = Moto on wrong side

Porsche and Moto? Well, they could have missed each other completely since the Moto could have been in the Porsche's lane and vice versus.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Ouch, tragic. Well not totally tragic. As you said the Moto guy survived. Also, I guess kinda good in that the person who got hurt was also the one at fault. At least it wasn't an "innocent" guy that just got creamed out of no where.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Thanks.
You did your job regardless of whether or not he lived, but it's always good to know you "won" one.

As someone who's taken said expensive heli ride, I know it can be hard to say thanks. It's not like they give out the contact info of the first responders.