Quantcast

Sweetest Dual Suspension Frame?

R

RideMonkey

Of all the frames I have seen, the Ellsworth Truth looks to be the sweetest.

Any comments?

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
I rode a Turner XCE for years until I finally broke it recently and I never rode anything else that even came close. I couldn't afford to replace it with another Turner so after much research I bought a Rocky Slayer. I love it. It's tougher than Zena and just as beautiful to look at and ride. (Hunh, did I say that?). It's absolutely balanced and loves to get me out of bad situations. It has absorbed some terrible landings; I have to work real hard to get it to pitch me off.

Jul 1, 2001
Humboldt Nation
Speaks the Truth about the others. Sunshine (my fiancee) is riding a Titus Loco Moto XS frame and rips on it. She just bought a Ventana SS frame and is still in the process of building it up. Granted it's not FS but it's a work of art all the same. I'm partial to the Truth but I have a biased opinion. The only other FS frame I've ever ridden is the Trek Y frame and the Truth makes it seem like a low budget Huffy. Not just a Huffy...a low budget Huffy...nuff sed.

WebCyclery

Chimp
Jul 2, 2001
Beautiful Bend, OR
I've been looking at the Intenses for the last few years, but now I'm on the Ellsworth bandwagon. We built up a Truth in my size yesterday and it rides really nice. I just need to decide between the Truth and the ID - even more travel!

KMan

Chimp
Aug 9, 2001
Kennett Square PA
Depending on what kind of riding you do, Titus is a top knotch company. I have been riding/racing the Racer X since November 2000 and personally it is the exact bike I was looking for. Rides & handles like a HT, but with 3.5" suspension. Best racing bike I have ridden to date

B-Loco

Chimp
Aug 13, 2001
South Florida
I'm with Kman. Titus all the way. The racer-x is about as sweet as it gets. Not a pogo stick - firm enough to crank away on, but has just enough travel to make it stick to the trail.

Truth is not doubt a nice bike, but at that price range a nice custom ti frame would be my pick.