stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
no pedals?
white tires?
looks flexy.

would not bang.
I will need to pick up a set of Look pedals from you.

The wheels with the wookie bike will most likely be changed over, at they are bladed spokes and deeper dish. They are a nice combo of orange front and blue rear.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I almost killed a tri-goober this morning.
He was descending a narrow, twisty, stonewall lined road in full aero mode; blew the apex of the turn because his ****ty uberlight brakes had no purchase on his deep dish rims; passed right in front of my 7400# of fury truck, smacked the stone wall and flipped ass over tea kettle into a garden.

I didn't stop because of singlet, spilling coffee on my shorts when I jammed the brakes and ultimately not caring but another car did.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
$300 fit, $100 saddle.
what is the 'fit' you are talking about? you mean fitting yourself to the bike?

sorry if this comes across as ignorant or dumb. but you cant mess around with seat height, bar angle, stack height etc on your own? Unless im missing something here, it seems like you paid 300 bones too much. :confused:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what is the 'fit' you are talking about? you mean fitting yourself to the bike?

sorry if this comes across as ignorant or dumb. but you cant mess around with seat height, bar angle, stack height etc on your own? Unless im missing something here, it seems like you paid 300 bones too much. :confused:
for road bikes fitment is actually a huge deal.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
hmmm, ive only ridden the track bikes ive built, and a few short rides of my buddies road rigs.

call me dumb, call me cheap, call me whatever you'd like, but that seems ridiculously overpriced. i can barely afford a (single) bicycle as is.

#thestruggle

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
hmmm, ive only ridden the track bikes ive built, and a few short rides of my buddies road rigs.

call me dumb, call me cheap, call me whatever you'd like, but that seems ridiculously overpriced. i can barely afford a (single) bicycle as is.

#thestruggle
It does, but everything has a balance. Wifey and I have busted our asses for many years and now have the ability to buy nice toys. We can, so we do. But I am with you regarding being cheap. I could just gone to a shop and bought a new one, but that's too damn expensive.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

#thestruggle
You know for most of the unwashed masses, a simple bike-shop fit and then messing with it yourself is probably just fine. When you get in to higher levels of competition, proper fit on a roadie bike can definitely increase performance. And for tri, especially for someone of Stoney's magnitude and at longer distances, a fella could potentially do some damage if the bike ain't fit right. You know, even moar damage than a half-Ironman distance effort is going to do anyways. Kinetics and physiology, man... it's all kinetics and physiology these days.

Well, that and ball bearings.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know for most of the unwashed masses, a simple bike-shop fit and then messing with it yourself is probably just fine. When you get in to higher levels of competition, proper fit on a roadie bike can definitely increase performance. And for tri, especially for someone of Stoney's magnitude and at longer distances, a fella could potentially do some damage if the bike ain't fit right. You know, even moar damage than a half-Ironman distance effort is going to do anyways. Kinetics and physiology, man... it's all kinetics and physiology these days.

Well, that and ball bearings.
What he said.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
It does, but everything has a balance. Wifey and I have busted our asses for many years and now have the ability to buy nice toys. We can, so we do. But I am with you regarding being cheap. I could just gone to a shop and bought a new one, but that's too damn expensive.
hey, absolutely nothing wrong with that, play on player! i suppose i was just shocked to see the price..

i also suppose it really helps as you get older and such. im still pretty young and just ride whatever im given/can afford.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
hey, absolutely nothing wrong with that, play on player! i suppose i was just shocked to see the price..

i also suppose it really helps as you get older and such. im still pretty young and just ride whatever im given/can afford.

Yeah, I would have pissed myself if I had seen that price when I was in college. I'm 33 now, but I wrote off the back end of my 20's killing myself at work to get to this point. Don't worry you'll get there. Just remember to have fun while you're doing it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You can drop 8 grand on a tri bike pretty easy. And it wouldn't be a huge amount better than what stoney got. Someone in marketing figured out that lots of people doing tri have gobs of disposable income.
you can drop half that 8g's on wheels alone...