Quantcast

Swiss ball squat

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Now THATS proprioception! I have seen it done with a barbell too.
When I was working the clubs I had a book 3 inches thick of Swiss ball activities. It really is a great tool.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Now THATS proprioception! I have seen it done with a barbell too.
When I was working the clubs I had a book 3 inches thick of Swiss ball activities. It really is a great tool.
Hmm, is it a published book or a homemade deal?
There is another video on youtube of a girl doing one leg squats (with weights, maybe for balance?). I just started doing these the other week to strengthen my knees, and am surprised as to how hard these are to pull off.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004

Swiss Balls are the dogs dangles for training, will make you hard as two bags of spanners!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hmm, is it a published book or a homemade deal?
There is another video on youtube of a girl doing one leg squats (with weights, maybe for balance?). I just started doing these the other week to strengthen my knees, and am surprised as to how hard these are to pull off.
It was a published book that I picked up during my time at Northern Illinois University. It dealt with theraputic uses of the balls, core stability and special population usage. I wish I still had the d@mn thing. I searched for about 10 minutes on the intraweb for it, but couldnt find anything. I will let you know if I find it.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Here it is, kind of spendy and dry (It was used as a textbook and reference) but a really good overall source of info. "Swiss Ball Applications for Orthopedic and Sports Medicine- A Guide for Home Exercise Programs Utilizing the Swiss Ball"
by Joanne Posner-Mayer, Sandy Caudill.
I found it on Amazon.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
I went to the Tennessee Titans training facility and watched their workout and got a packet of their training regime. It was for school (physical therapy). They do this as part of their workout all the time. It is pretty standard. Makes you appreciate the strength and agility of pro football players!!

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
hmmm weird question: i would like to get one of those swiss balls. the thing is, i live here in switzerland and went to the sports store and asked for a swiss ball in german (schweitzer ball) and....they didn t knew what it was...anyone knoes how the swiss balls are called in switzerland?

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
hmmm weird question: i would like to get one of those swiss balls. the thing is, i live here in switzerland and went to the sports store and asked for a swiss ball in german (schweitzer ball) and....they didn t knew what it was...anyone knoes how the swiss balls are called in switzerland?
They're also called exercise balls or physio balls. I don't know the german translation but this might help you. Also, ordering online is an option.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Here it is, kind of spendy and dry (It was used as a textbook and reference) but a really good overall source of info. "Swiss Ball Applications for Orthopedic and Sports Medicine- A Guide for Home Exercise Programs Utilizing the Swiss Ball"
by Joanne Posner-Mayer, Sandy Caudill.
I found it on Amazon.
Awesome, thanks for taking the time to find it. I'll have to search a few bookstores and libraries to check it out in person. Thanks again.