Quantcast

sword metal (where's Ciaran and SK6?)

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
From that page:
Swordmetal is metal that doesn't suck and meets the following requirements. There must be guitar solos, preferably long awesome ones. The songs must be about: Swords, Battles, Fighting, Dragons, Wizards, Demons, Knights, Kings, Magic, Sorcery, Hellfire, Steel, Metal, War, Killing Servants, Storms, Lightning, Drinking Ale, Spilling Blood, Hammers, things like this. The most important requirement to turn an ordinary song into a sword metal masterpiece is that it has to sound EPIC! The type of song you would want to listen to if you were running across a battlefield swinging your warhammer, or standing face to face with a huge dragon about to gouge its eye out with your torch.

Any band who wishes to embrace the Way of the Sword must first come to understand it's code:
http://www.swordmetal.com/codes.php

I am listening to the song now. Its kinda meh. Definately popping out the Pepper and Ry Cooder CD's and popping in some Maiden and Mastodon though.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Hmmm... I think I need to start a band... where's H8R?

The conversation on that page is hilarious...
Ramon: Poser. You are not sword metal!

Charlie: No no no... I"m really more "Sword Easy Listening" or "Sword Lite-Pop"... I like to make toes tap, put a soft sort of non-committal half-grin on people's faces, and provide melodies they may or may not remember for the rest of the whole goddamn day...

Ramon: Back to the sodden home from which ye came, Unferth! The thanes will not stand such unmetal chatter.

Charlie: Suit up, foul mouth-breather, and face the wrath of the mighty Benatar! Half comely lass of human ancestry, half bellowing bull with a penis of steel! Ye shall meet your fate, and it shall be piteous! Hell is for children AND sword metal nerds!!
It goes on and on.