Quantcast

SX Sizing Question

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
5 10 no shoes, what size?

Rode a small in a parking lot, felt good, rode a long at highland mtb park and got trail time. thought it felt really big (but did have a 55mm stem) Is it really possible at 5.10 (5.11 with shoes) I can be on a small?

My gut tells me to go with a small, but I am not totally sure on how these bikes are supposed to feel. I really liked the way the frame rides, and im definitely sure thats the frame i am going to replace the killswitch with, but I just cant wrap my head around a bike that has a theoretical sizing of under 6 feet a small, over 6 feet a large.

Owner of the small was 5.6 owner of the large was 6.1

*no my mom cant make me a medium

Advice on how a DS bike should fit appreciated, I want to be able to get "behind" the bike and push it through turns like my hardtail and DH bike, the large didnt allow this-and i never got trail time on the small.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
if you want it to feel like your hardtail measure the down tube of your hardtail and get whichever size is closest with this measurement

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Looking at the reach on the geometry charts the Short is actually quite long. it has almost 2 inches longer of a reach then my large banshee legend had and the same reach as my large canfield jedi. I am 6 feet tall and a 425ish reach feels pretty good. I would imagine the short would work for you.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Good to know climbingbubba, thanks for the info
Also, looking at the geo for the medium demo and the short SX their reach is within 6mm of each other so they probably would feel fairly similar sizing wise.

Testing one out would obviously be better though.

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
5 10 no shoes, what size?

Rode a small in a parking lot, felt good, rode a long at highland mtb park and got trail time. thought it felt really big (but did have a 55mm stem) Is it really possible at 5.10 (5.11 with shoes) I can be on a small?

My gut tells me to go with a small, but I am not totally sure on how these bikes are supposed to feel. I really liked the way the frame rides, and im definitely sure thats the frame i am going to replace the killswitch with, but I just cant wrap my head around a bike that has a theoretical sizing of under 6 feet a small, over 6 feet a large.

Owner of the small was 5.6 owner of the large was 6.1

*no my mom cant make me a medium

Advice on how a DS bike should fit appreciated, I want to be able to get "behind" the bike and push it through turns like my hardtail and DH bike, the large didnt allow this-and i never got trail time on the small.
:rofl: