Quantcast

sxtrail with roco

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
go to mtbr.com and look under the specialized sub-category of the forums. do a search for sx trail and you should find a couple threads discussing this. i recall last spring (when i got my sx) seeing a pic one with a rocco on it. apparenly spec. says it wont work and wouldn't send a frame to marz. canada to try but i think it can be done....

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
i can't find a pic, but there was someone in one of the lbs that put a roco on...but he had to file out on the frame to allow for the reservoir to fit

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
yea my friend runs one. he has got such a sweet sxtrail. I like marz. Just kinda wondering. I contacted specialized and they said that they went with fox because it "was a better deal". So i imagine fox was willing to do the discount thing so they get volume out into the market. I would like to see the new o8 sxt frame set with orang/white with orange king headset and hubs with black wheelz and white 66rc3, diety bars/cranks/stem in white. lg1 in black, black ibeam seat. would be awesome. oh, and a roco for more orange.

Its weird, Specialized runs a little bit different diameter headtube. Yeah its still a 1-1/8 but a little different and they say it voids your warranty to run a king it in. Thing is, I know Kyle Strait runs kings in his Spez's. Kings are so precise that they say they will spin in the headtube. I have experienced this first hand that Kings spin in Specialized headtubes and also have a ton of creaking. The solution is sleeve retainer in Spez headtubes to run a King. Anyone else experience this?

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
I removed the King headset from an '06 SX trail II (bought from eBay) with an stronger headset. Anyway, the King HS did not come out easily... so think the fit was also quite good.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Long warranty does not equal strong. Long warranty means that they charge a huge price initially, with the understanding that they'll probably end up giving you a free headset at some point.

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible

it can be done...how convenient, it has a chris king headset too!

as for the king thing, i've seen plenty of sx trails with kings. in my opinion it would be a shame to have a bike as nice as an sx trail and not cap it off (no pun intended) with a king