Quantcast

Synopsis Premier Party this Saturday!!!!!

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
I just wanted to let everyone know that Team Big Crank Racing will be hosting the Colorado premier of Clay Porter's latest mountain bike movie, Synopsis, this Saturday, December 18 at 7PM. Chance Gibson, a great friend to our cycling community, has agreed to let us show this much-anticipated flick at his restaurant/bar, Spill. Spill is located in downtown Denver at 14th and Market Streets.

If any of you have seen Clay's previous works (Spectacle I and Spectacle II) then you know he is one of the most-promising, young gun filmmakers out there today. Synopsis won't disappoint, as its running time is an hour and forty minutes of pure riding entertainment. It's also worth noting that Clay spent considerable time filming in Colorado this past summer. I know for a fact that some local rippers will be highlighted as well as the local riding spots and racing.

Again, it's this Saturday, December, 18
6 - 9 P.M., movie starts at 7 sharp
Spill - 14th and Market, downtown Denver
All ages welcome, but the young 'uns gots ta leave before 9.

If anyone has any questions, you can get my contact info at www.bigcrankracing.net and hit me up.

PS - I heard a nasty rumor that there may be a possibility of a Spomer sighting!

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
A not so brief synopsis of the synopsis premier. Denverville style.

I’ve had this long standing theory about biking: racing > hucking. Ive been very stubborn about this and have had some heated debates with people about it, and I know at least three people will try to kick my ass if they ever see me again over it. Synopsis: the third spectacle by Clay Porter has forced me to reconsider my theory. Not because it has a lot of revolutionary hucking in it (revolutionary hucking is an oxymoron by the way), but because I needed to refocus my scope in the theory. TALENT > hucking. I know realize that racing takes talent. So does some freeriding. But hucking is stupid and should be eliminated from biking forever. watching the s-turn on the new dh trail at keystone get completely obliterated by jared graves just reinforced the fact that taking an s-turn that tight at 25 mph on a bike takes infinitely more talent than letting gravity pull your bike down 25 feet off a ladder.

The level of maturity gained between the second spectacle and synopsis by clay both behind the lens and in front of the monitor as an editor is nothing short of ‘spectacular’… the soundtrack choices, the synced cuts, the proper use of a fisheye… clay is really on his way to the big time with this film. The kid’s got talent, drive, and hopefully with this movie- a big break.

Hill cornering, Lopes running every combo at ludacris speed, minnar and rennie demolishing the course, graves laying down style thicker than the crust encasing the bike industry’s brain… synopsis is a winner. Clay porter is my new film hero. Talent is better than hucking. The only thing better than this long racing flick is racing itself. At least on the couch in the winter you don’t have norba effing you in the A from every angle.

ps- i write like i take my sloppy joes... extra sloppy.