Quantcast

System time in BIOS keeps changing?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Ever since my re-install, i haven't been able to keep my system time consistent. i changed it in the bios to the correct time and now, everytime i rebooot, it drops back 3 hours. i'm doing the bios time change correctly and saving before exiting and it'll show the new time in windows...until i reboot.

any suggestions?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ever since my re-install, i haven't been able to keep my system time consistent. i changed it in the bios to the correct time and now, everytime i rebooot, it drops back 3 hours. i'm doing the bios time change correctly and saving before exiting and it'll show the new time in windows...until i reboot.

any suggestions?
Check the time zone in Windows. Windows will compensate for this and adjust the system time, including the BIOS.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Check the time zone in Windows. Windows will compensate for this and adjust the system time, including the BIOS.
If its not the timezone you could have a bum motherboard battery but it wouldn't make sense that it consistently changes by three hours. Maybe there is a temporary problem with the NTP server you are syncing with.

jbogli

Chimp
Dec 23, 2007
Hey there,
How old is the machine? Could be the BIOS battery is starting to wane on you. I had this problem with a laptop until I swapped out the BIOS battery.

Justin

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

any suggestions?
It's all the CoD 4 ....it's setting the time back 3 hours so that you think you still have time to ride.