Quantcast

T- 10 hour till lift off

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Well I just finished packing my gear and we leave at 9:00 tomorrow.
should be a tiring wet time.
I will be down there for at least a week (if not longer)
I will try to get an update on RM from down there but it isn't likely.

NO here I come so stop shooting at rescue teams :D

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
firetoole said:
Well I just finished packing my gear and we leave at 9:00 tomorrow.
should be a tiring wet time.
I will be down there for at least a week (if not longer)
I will try to get an update on RM from down there but it isn't likely.

NO here I come so stop shooting at rescue teams :D
Good luck man. Keep your head down and come back alive.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
more details please...
are you going as a firefighter?
or a weekend warrior (reserves)?
or some other organization?

good luck & stay safe.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Good luck and stay safe out there.

May your hard work bring comfort to those in need.

:thumb:

If anyone has the time, I heard that the Red Cross is asking for volunteers.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
*update* FRi 1:30

stopped in IL for some food and I picked up a Wifi signal

I did bring a vest and a 9mm
we got word that our team is heading downtown NO after we arrive to fight some building fires. We were assigned a guardsman(from MI) to protect our truck I never thought I would be fighting fires next to a guy with an assault rifle.

thanks everyone for the thoughts :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Firetool, if you can, take a camera. I don;t mean to be morbid or anything like that but you will see things that will likely not be shown on TV.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
firetoole said:
*update* FRi 1:30

stopped in IL for some food and I picked up a Wifi signal

I did bring a vest and a 9mm
we got word that our team is heading downtown NO after we arrive to fight some building fires. We were assigned a guardsman(from MI) to protect our truck I never thought I would be fighting fires next to a guy with an assault rifle.

thanks everyone for the thoughts :thumb:
Good man!

Info for you and your buds: http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/
11:10 am
Wow
If you're watching the feed, it's incredible. Hard to believe the fire department is still viable. God bless them. I'm no expert on conflagrations, but I don't think they're gonna win this one. Hopefully they can contain it.

It takes a spectacular kind of asshole to set a fire in this environment.

A lot of people are asking about our fuel situation. We have some, but we need more. We have a few days worth. We desperately need more. We're coordinating now.

By the way, here comes some military on cam.

I tweaked the feed to try to help the people restreaming it.

The building you're watching appeared to be some small hotel right behind Mother's.
(234 Comments |Comment on this)
10:41 am Cam Feed
Reset the feed. Here are the addresses:

http://old.mises.org:88/NO
http://old.mises.org:88/NO2
http://194.97.144.25/NewOrleans

The first two are being hosted by the great people at The Ludwig Von Mises Institute.

The third one is being hosted by the generous people at space.net
(145 Comments |Comment on this)
10:01 am The City is ON FIRE
Teams Alpha and Bravo finished the medium range recon and there are 3 separate locations on fire. We have pictures coming shortly.

During the recon, I spoke to some Federal Marshalls and NOPD. Morale is LOW. Very low. They're not seeing the military presence they say they were promised. I told those guys they can't possibly imagine how much we (the world) appreciate their dedication. I asked what civil rights the citizens have and the US Marshalls looked at me like I just fell off the turnip truck and chuckled. I asked if citizens can have guns for protection and he said if someone thinks he needs a gun, he should have already evacuated. He also said they are setting the city on fire.

The NOPD wants to know where "the two active duty brigades" were that he says they were told were supposed to arrive today. When I asked him what he would want to tell the world, he said Everyone keeps talking about the military presence in the city, and then asked me," Do you see any military around here" in dusgust.

We reconned our roof also, to get a better view of the city and took... I hesitate to call them "amazing" pictures. My city... it has been punched in the face and is on the canvas being counted out.

And yes, that's smoke you see out of the windows. The city is under a haze from the fires. Smoke and ash are floating miles away from the fires