Quantcast

T-boning

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Dude is saying it was not intentional. Review of the slo mo video leaves a lot of questions in my mind.

"Bos, writing in Dutch on his blog, said that he grabbed Impey’s jersey out of instinct as he began to fall. “I'm completely trapped and I'm being pushed into the barriers on the left, and reflexively trying to keep him away from me as a last-ditch effort. At the moment it was the only right option to prevent a crash. With my front wheel, I believe I hit the foot of the barriers and then together with Impey, went sprawling.”"

http://www.velonews.com/article/91065/bos-it-s-making-me-sick

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Dude is saying it was not intentional. Review of the slo mo video leaves a lot of questions in my mind.

"Bos, writing in Dutch on his blog, said that he grabbed Impey’s jersey out of instinct as he began to fall. “I'm completely trapped and I'm being pushed into the barriers on the left, and reflexively trying to keep him away from me as a last-ditch effort. At the moment it was the only right option to prevent a crash. With my front wheel, I believe I hit the foot of the barriers and then together with Impey, went sprawling.”"

http://www.velonews.com/article/91065/bos-it-s-making-me-sick

He took his hands off the bars and grabbed someone else. It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not, he should know better.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
He took his hands off the bars and grabbed someone else. It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not, he should know better.
Agreed. I don't think it was intentional, if only because I don't know why he would do that on purpose. I think it's just incredibly stupid. I know Bos is new the the road and all, but one would think he wouldn't panic so much after years of riding kierins and all that.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909

Here's a slo mo of the incident.

I can't really tell. He has his arm on Impey for some time, even appearing to pull Impey alongside him.. then it looks like he throws Impey forward.

BAN!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I *think* he put his hand on him to try and keep him from moving over and pushing him into the barriers. I think he should have a suspension, even if only a short one.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I'm still not sure he did intentionally. The barriers are from straight, and I think he got caught out. My thought is he was trying to move Impey over but he hit a barrier while holding on to him and that's why it looks like he jerked him in to the barriers.

He should definitely be suspended.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
it was a stupid move. if your going to push someone out of the way, usually i've always noticed they push you on your ass, not grab your shoulder and pull you down with them.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
it was a stupid move. if your going to push someone out of the way, usually i've always noticed they push you on your ass, not grab your shoulder and pull you down with them.
:stupid:

Of all people a trackie would know this, if that was his intention.

Even Robbie Hunter said one's first reaction is to brake.