Quantcast

T.H.E. eliminator wheels

letsgetit

Chimp
Jan 16, 2010
Germany
Does anyone know if it is possible to dish a set of THE eliminator wheels? I realized they had the crossover lacing AFTER I ordered them of course. I need to dish them due to the fact that I have an 09 SX trail. Got a hell of a deal on them, I'm sure there is a reason for that too. Thanks for any help.

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
What are you WTF'ing? You asked a very elementary question. You got an accurate answer in the very first post after yours.

Since you apparently can't figure that much of this mess out, Ill help with the other post as well. The pinkbike reference was also meant for you. In more simple terms, daisycutter suggested that you ask a question like that on pinkbike. Or if you want to use RM, how about asking a technical question in the SHOP section.

Take the wheel to your LBS, with your frame, and have them redish the wheel accordingly. It shouldn't cost more than $35-45 at the very most.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
guys chill out seriously, its not his fault he wasnt born with this knowledge. give the guy a break, go yank it.

notice the join in date? obv he is new to the sport or at least new to the **** ass forums.

letsgetit

Chimp
Jan 16, 2010
Germany
We don't have that many diffrent lacing styles for MX wheels and we don't dish them, so no not sure how to do that ****. I am somewhat new to MTB. I recently bought my first full suspension frame and trying to get the build right. And yes I am a forum noob. Yes I have asked this question elsewhere and gotten somewhat inteligent answers and help. Thanks above for the back-up, but unlike some I have seen my feelings aren't quite that easily hurt. I will remember next time I see them ask a tech question about "why their car won't start and the gas tank says E" on car help or some place like that though and the will get a straight answer and all the help they need. Thanks for any help from others though! :thumb:

EVRAC

Monkey
Jun 21, 2004
Port Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
Plus you bashers should know that those wheels have seriously different lacing than normal wheels, with the wide rim drilled off-center. The "cross-over" lacing is what he was asking about, and I think it's a very valid question, and one that maybe hasn't come up before. I think re-dishing it should be do-able.

In terms of the dish for specialized, it's 6mm offset, so if you set a dishing tool on one side and then check the other it should be out by 12mm.