Quantcast

T.O. No Soup For YOU

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10087982/

Terrell Owens’ season is effectively over after an arbitrator ruled Wednesday that the Philadelphia Eagles were justified in suspending him for four games.

Arbitrator Richard Bloch wrote that the Eagles clearly proved that the suspension was justified, and were within their right to pay their All-Pro receiver but not allow him to return “due to the nature of his conduct and its destructive and continuing threat to the team.”

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Just read it on NFL.com.

About time. He, while a great receiver, was a cancer for the team. And with McNabb out, nobody would be getting him the ball with any regularity anyway.

I Are Baboon said:
that is AWESOME.

Will T.O. fire Drew Rosenhaus now? He's the guy that planted the idea of a new contract in his head. BAD, BAD advice.
Some reporter asked Rosenhaus if he'd done anything for TO besides getting him fired and fined. I laughed.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good.

Bastard should be suspended from the NFL entirely. Who wants to see the kind of crap he pulls? Not me, I can tell you that.

If he learned a little humility, he'd be an awesome player. For now, he's just an a**hole.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I love football but can't watch it lately because all you hear about is that jerk. I hope he ends up doing some reality show.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
robdamanii said:
Some reporter asked Rosenhaus if he'd done anything for TO besides getting him fired and fined. I laughed.
Yeah, that was during the post-suspension news conference at T.O.'s house. Rosenhaus's rsponse to the questions was, "Next question."

I give the Eagles credit for not caving in on this. They stuck to their guns to the end, and the spoiled multi-million dollar superstar LOSES for a change.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, that was during the post-suspension news conference at T.O.'s house. Rosenhaus's rsponse to the questions was, "Next question."

I give the Eagles credit for not caving in on this. They stuck to their guns to the end, and the spoiled multi-million dollar superstar LOSES for a change.
I wouldn't say he loses, I would love to be suspended and still get paid.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
He might have taken a hit, but there are bigger jerks who always got paid, as long as they can play.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MunkeeHucker said:
I wouldn't say he loses, I would love to be suspended and still get paid.
In T.O.'s mind, he is losing. No one questions his passion for playing, plus he loves being the center of attention and having the NFL spotlight on game day. That has been taken away from him. The NFL's biggest attention whore has lost his stage.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I Are Baboon said:
that is AWESOME.

Will T.O. fire Drew Rosenhaus now? He's the guy that planted the idea of a new contract in his head. BAD, BAD advice.
I doubt Drew told him to start a fist fight in the locker room. That was the straw that broke the camels back. He's and idiot and the seaguls suck.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
You guys know T.O has issues beyond with what goes on in the locker rooms or the field. I was watching a show on cable that profiled him and it was saying how he grew up as an only child and such with no friends, no anything but time alone. So it's no surprise once he found out he was good at football that the spotlight had to be on him. He did all this for attention as Mcnabb was hurt and all the talk was on him. I think the suspension's were fine, but my problem lies within banning him for the rest of the season. That seems a little out of it.

It wasn't like he assulted a coach or anything. The "fight" in the locker room probably wasn't much more than an argument but the media blew it up. I think players who physically hurt or harm someone on their team OR the other team should have things like their season end as that is about as un-professional as you can get. For the $$$ these guys get paid you would "think" that they would have no gripes or problems but that clearly isn't the case. If I was to make $48 million over the next 7 years I'd shut my mouth and play.

His agent sucks as well. HE should be the one blacklisted from sports. Every player that he manages (mostly the high end wide recivers, buress, walker *out with ankle injury*, santana moss, boldin) it's no wonder these players all have the attitude they do. He may get the "big bucks" for some of these players, but all of them from what I've seen on TV and such are more show than anything. When the last of the great wide recivers left like Jerry Rice (and the others of his era) they had a class that was nothing like today's recivers. Same goes with the other positions as well. Sometimes watching the games from the 80's on ESPN is the best football I see all year. They were playing to play the game, never crying about how much a teamate made, how they don't get the spotlight to shine, and especially how their contracts suck, their coaches suck etc.....

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I Are Baboon said:
In T.O.'s mind, he is losing. No one questions his passion for playing, plus he loves being the center of attention and having the NFL spotlight on game day. That has been taken away from him. The NFL's biggest attention whore has lost his stage.
Eh, he is still in the center of attention, just in a bit of a different situation.

I'm glad he got suspended, maybe it will serve as a reality check to some other athletes as well.