Quantcast

T-Shirt Design Contest

R

RideMonkey

OK we are gonna get shirts made. So here it is, the shirt design contest!

Guidelines:

-Simple 2 to 3 color logo/design preferred.
-RM colors are grey and green
-We would like to use the monkey head logo and the name "ridemonkey.com"
-Please reccomend shirt color and/or illustrate your design on the shirt.

Since we are a NCE (negative cash enterprise) we can only off the winner a free shirt.

Good Luck!
:monkey:

Here is a PSD file of the monkey head

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
KISS

White Hanes Beefy-T

on the front a 4" monkey face in green with dark text beneath it RIDEMONKEY.COM

On the back a 12"-14" Momnkeyface with RIDEMONKEY.COM above, and one of the witty slogans we cam up with in the fall below.

Minimum complexity, minimum colors. Shouldn't cost more than about 1.50 per shirt to print once the screen is made (about $50).

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Ok... the best thing to do is a Two color (Green and Black)
Or a One Color (just green) on a Grey shirt.

Something simple that has your Brand prominently displayed.
Like this:
Back is on Top, Front on Bottom

Scotty

Chimp
Jul 9, 2001
Delaware
I recomend polyester or coolmax or something because cotton would be too heavy and we definetly want to ride with them on. I like the small logo on the front and a larger pictutre of it on the back and we should definetly have the web address go across the back.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
the t-shirts will cost RM about $1-3 a piece once he buys over 20.

Coolmax or poly will be many more times that amount.

the t-shirts can be screen printed at about $1 per shirt

Non-cotton fabrics are very difficult and more expensive to print.

I'd like a jersey too, but the point is to provide some operating capital to support this site. So RM has to do it the way that winds up turning a larger profit.

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by Damn True
the t-shirts will cost RM about $1-3 a piece once he buys over 20.
MMM not quite. There is the initial screening and we are using the hanes beeft Ts so hopefully we will be able to keep the cost under 7 per shirt once the setup fee is distributed across many shirts. I could get them for under 6 if I could by over 150 but I dont think thats gonna happen.

OH... and about Jerseys..... its REALLY expensive to get good sublimated jerseys. I'll get them one day and sell them at cost but I'll never make any money from them.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by RideMonkey

MMM not quite. There is the initial screening and we are using the hanes beeft Ts so hopefully we will be able to keep the cost under 7 per shirt once the setup fee is distributed across many shirts. I could get them for under 6 if I could by over 150 but I dont think thats gonna happen.

OH... and about Jerseys..... its REALLY expensive to get good sublimated jerseys. I'll get them one day and sell them at cost but I'll never make any money from them.
I was talking about the cost to actually print each shirt. Getting the screen made will cost $30-50 depending on the complexity. KISS. The shirts themselves will be cheap. If you buy them yourself from a screen printing supply company and get more than 50 or so.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Acadian

AMEN...I HATE white shirts!!!!!! Black, dark blue, Gray...but NO WHITE please.
GREY!!!
I'm telling you, it's a Branding thing.
GREY ONLY.
Look at the site.
Grey...
Plus it will save you some $$$ on Printing.
in my pics I couldn't get the greys to match, but my intention is that you would print just the green part of the monkey on a grey shirt. Plus, you'll have to have the monkey facing the right way (not upside-down) otherwise people will not get what it is.
The shirts ARE for us, but they should really be to get the name out there!!!
Now you just have to figure out a pricing model for the site.

LONG LIVE THE MONKEY!!!
(Bow your heads)

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by -BB-

GREY!!!
I'm telling you, it's a Branding thing.
GREY ONLY.
Look at the site.
Grey...
Plus it will save you some $$$ on Printing.
in my pics I couldn't get the greys to match, but my intention is that you would print just the green part of the monkey on a grey shirt. Plus, you'll have to have the monkey facing the right way (not upside-down) otherwise people will not get what it is.
The shirts ARE for us, but they should really be to get the name out there!!!
Now you just have to figure out a pricing model for the site.

LONG LIVE THE MONKEY!!!
(Bow your heads)

yeah, I think if you get a dark grey shirt you could use monkey-green for both the text and the monkey face image....tah-dah! one color shirt....muy cheaper!

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

yeah, I think if you get a dark grey shirt you could use monkey-green for both the text and the monkey face image....tah-dah! one color shirt....muy cheaper!
EXACTLY!!!
(See you over in the rippin thread...)

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
You should make some stickers too
(try www.123stickers.com)
Send 2-3 with every shirt.
Perfect for lift poles, Frames, Racks... For the car..., bumpers

If you do, try Green on clear vinyl.
It will be used more, I promise.

R

RideMonkey

Can anyone locate the thread we had back in the fall in which we came up with a bunch of slogans for ridemonkey?
I'm sure its gone. Better start another.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by RideMonkey

No kidding!!! This is my teams jersey for this season, and it's running about $1350 for 25 of them

Attachments

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Oh no! T-shirts!

I printed shirts for about 8 years professionally, and if there is one thing I agree with it's GO GREY OR BLACK.
I have black shirts I printed years ago and they still look ok. White t-shirts are great....for bike rags!

Remember if you print on dark garments it's usaually a bit more expensive because you need to put an opaque white masking print under the colors to make it work. Or some colors need to be double layered.

This is why a "one color" print on a dark garment is actually "two colors" to the printer.

Remember this for the Monkey expenses!

My favorite grey shirt ever was by the company Murina, and the color was called "charcoal". It is exactly the same color as the top of the RM page. Not too dark, and very thick and comfy.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
I know lots of you monkeys like the grey but PinchFlat's really got something there with that green radiating off the black shirt. I like!

R

RideMonkey

Well I have to admit that I don't like slogans. THe only reason we are doing slogans is because everybody seems to want one. BUT Pinchflats design is just plain cool. I even like the slogan with the little pics :) I might make 2 versions.

:monkey:

G

gravity

i reckon Pinchflat's design is the best! and maybe the monkey head on the back?

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by gravity
i reckon Pinchflat's design is the best! and maybe the monkey head on the back?
Yeah I'm thinking Pinchflats design on the back, and a little monkey head on the front.