Quantcast

/.\/.\ t-t-t-TUESDAE/.\/.\

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
since everyone bailed on snowshoe kinda considering signing up for 50+ cat 1 dh nationals at rock creek that weekend...that is all.
You should just come this weekend. . .

Have a juicy 9lb butt on the smoker.
Working but not too much on the plate today. Need to get my bike buttoned up for tomorrow. Have some field work to do, but it will be there next week.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Back to work after my quick trip out west and my computer seems to have been Crowdstriked. God dammit. Now I need to pack up my shit and head into the office to get the laptop fixed...there are certain applications I can't log into without that computer. So, I will waste this work day dealing with that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

First day WFH in the "new" office and already have issues. My chair is (still) busted and now I don't have the bed to lean against. So I need to source a new office chair or fix mine pronto.

I would rather not get another cheap seat in fear of having the same failure, but I am also not keen on dropping a grand on a pair of seats. I will keep cruising the marketplace and hope for a score.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody paint their own frame? I'm tempted to paint my road and MTB frames over the winter. Squid bikes has some paints that are supposed to work well. No idea if they hold up better than garbage though.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Anybody paint their own frame? I'm tempted to paint my road and MTB frames over the winter. Squid bikes has some paints that are supposed to work well. No idea if they hold up better than garbage though.
Back in the day I did powder coating that was fantastic. I've done some rattle can since with good luck. I've only ever used Krylon.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've rattle canned 1 frame. Looked okay from 6 ft, but the paint never got hard enough that it wouldn't mar easily.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i rattle canned a bmx frame once and it held up surprisingly well.
Cant rule out user error. It always looked okay, from afar, but zip ties and anything mounted to it would leave an impression.

Then again, this was done in a garage during summer heat and humidity, so perhaps my expectations shouldn't have been high.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Durka durka, Muhammad jihad

Going to order the big ticket solar items for the house this week before the prices get nutty. Looks like it will be an 18kw inverter, (42) 400 watt biphasic panels and (3) 300 amp hour wall mount lithiums with room to add another 300 battery down the road if needed

In other news,

Need to start finding some drill stem pipe for the ground mounts

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nice, that is a good link. Also props to a .gov website not pretending that Canada doesn't exist on a map. :brows:

Clicking around, its appears that these little yellow dots are new fire detections......today? Yikes bro.

:edit: actually looking at the data, the map doesn't display fires in canada, only air readings. So maybe those detections are actual fires already happening?

1721761945984.png

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nice, that is a good link. Also props to a .gov website not pretending that Canada doesn't exist on a map. :brows:

Clicking around, its appears that these little yellow dots are new fire detections......today? Yikes bro.

:edit: actually looking at the data, the map doesn't display fires in canada, only air readings. So maybe those detections are actual fires already happening?

View attachment 215487
For Canaderp use this one, turn on the fires in the overlays.

Or this one:

Last edited: