Quantcast

/.\/.\ t-t-t-TUESDAE/.\/.\

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all

rode my acoustic bike for errands. drove down south to Great Wolf Lodge. water park for past few hours. next up are dry land activities, ropes course and mini golf etc.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Just got a note from accounting reminding me not to tip more than 18%.

Is there some IRS regulation about how much can be claimed as an expense? Or is this just the company being cheap?

I do generally try to follow the 18% rule on company meals. When I feel that someone deserves a really good tip, I tip with my own money.

Anyone else deal with this?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Is there some IRS regulation about how much can be claimed as an expense? Or is this just the company being cheap?

I do generally try to follow the 18% rule on company meals. When I feel that someone deserves a really good tip, I tip with my own money.

No, but that is horseshit of the highest order. :disgust:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

nah...i always tip 20-ish, sometimes more if it's for service on a very small bill. just have to remember to put alcohol on my own bill unless i'm taking a patron for a meal...

t-storms inbound...typical nc summer weather pattern.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

15% here, though we are expected to know the local custom regarding tipping and adjust accordingly. OKAY.

Good thing I haven't traveled with this company and don't expect to.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
15% here, though we are expected to know the local custom regarding tipping and adjust accordingly. OKAY.

Good thing I haven't traveled with this company and don't expect to.
15%…well that’ll help shareholder dividends. I wonder if they complain about poor service and lack of high quality restaurants.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It's obvious Ruth doesn't quite understand Thermodynamics. She is bitching that the new AC hasn't rapidly cooled the house. It's over 100F outside the walls have no insulation ( they will tomorrow) the inside of the house was 86F, the airspace in the walls is still being heated by the sun on the outer wall which heats the inside drywall. I tried to tell her that the inner wall is still radiating heat into the house and according to what I have red on HVAC sites even with good insulation the AC is only going to cool 1-2 degrees per hour. We are at 5 hours and have dropped 5 degrees which to me is damn good. She is rating that the system must be off and started yelling at me when I tried to show her the explanation from the HVAC guys.

I need a gummie

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
It's obvious Ruth doesn't quite understand Thermodynamics. She is bitching that the new AC hasn't rapidly cooled the house. It's over 100F outside the walls have no insulation ( they will tomorrow) the inside of the house was 86F, the airspace in the walls is still being heated by the sun on the outer wall which heats the inside drywall. I tried to tell her that the inner wall is still radiating heat into the house and according to what I have red on HVAC sites even with good insulation the AC is only going to cool 1-2 degrees per hour. We are at 5 hours and have dropped 5 degrees which to me is damn good. She is rating that the system must be off and started yelling at me when I tried to show her the explanation from the HVAC guys.

I need a gummie
SETTLE DOWN RUTH

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

I need a gummie
Did you "OK, Boomer" her??

:D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
we get the govt mandated regional/international city-specific rate

and not having to track receipts for that is nice.
Same, given our work is generally for local/regional government agencies.