Quantcast

^T^u^e^s^d^a^y^

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good mornin!

Another day of rain ahead. Kind of like yesterday. And the day before. Well, and tomorrow.

Oddly the water level in the backyard pond the landscapers built for my FIL has dropped and held constant. I'd wager that means there's a hole in the liner, which is superb given that its been rocked in with 500 lb boulders...

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Wife is exercising and the new kitten is running about the bedroom here while I lounge. He is snuggly but frenetic at the moment.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hello all. Wife is exercising and the new kitten is running about the bedroom here while I lounge. He is snuggly but frenetic at the moment.
Probably because he knows that Sauron has flipped and the Dark Lord has sent the Nazgul in search of the ring. I'd be a bit frenetic myself if I were him.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Still trying to decide if I should file taxes for last year. Way under the income threshold, but this would be the first year in my working life I haven't submitted. Wonder if its worth the time/expense.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hey lol. It's a warm, muggy, drizzly, just all around BLAH morning out there, although I did drag my lazy carcass for a five mile run, real easy because that's all I felt like. It's like if normally you ride your road bike around 17-18 mph, but decided that a 14 mph effort was good enough today. I've got a day full of meetings ahead, which oddly enough I don't mind so much, as I just sit in my basement sucking down coffee while the TV plays in the background.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Financé and I went to have a look at a friend-of-a-friend's converted Sprinter last night. Not technically for sale yet, he is working on building out a 4x4 Ford Transit at the moment. His expected list price is within our budget, and he's doing some upgrades currently that we could have a say in how they get done if we wanted to buy it. Plan is to borrow/rent it in a couple weekends to see how we like it, and how much we'd want to change about it, and go from there.

He just listed it for rent on Outdoorsy.com because a customer of his (he's a mechanic) had their camper van blow up right before a trip... so he put it up on that site to get insurance and whatnot in order to help them out. Pretty stoked... as happy as we are having the truck camper, there are a lot of things about it that aren't practical for us. Van would be mo'bettah.

Still trying to decide if I should file taxes for last year. Way under the income threshold, but this would be the first year in my working life I haven't submitted. Wonder if its worth the time/expense.
If for no other reason than to avoid future harassment from the IRS, I would say yes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
finally getting around to coffee. we were supposed to stay at my parents until this time next week, however i am strongly considering that as their AC has shit the bed, it needs replaced but my dad is trying to redneck it along, and its going to be in the 90's starting tomorrow. also they somehow still have DSL so trying to do any work is excruciatingly slow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Do it. For possible stimulus $$$ if nothing else.
What is the difference between frenetic and frantic?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
finally getting around to coffee. we were supposed to stay at my parents until this time next week, however i am strongly considering that as their AC has shit the bed, it needs replaced but my dad is trying to redneck it along, and its going to be in the 90's starting tomorrow. also they somehow still have DSL so trying to do any work is excruciatingly slow.
On the flip side, my FIL can't see the thermostat to program it, so I went into the house the other day and it was 59* with the AC set on 50*.

Got that reprogrammed right quick. MIL is gonna shit the fan when she sees the electric bill. :rofl:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
You might get some FREE money re: EITC = profit...

Financé and I went to have a look at a friend-of-a-friend's converted Sprinter last night.
Subscribed.

I'm in the frenetic* throes myself of researching a dirtbag camper van, though I'm definitely in the <$20K 3 year old used Transit/Promaster lane vs. $printer.

Currently debating buying a Promaster Wagon which seats 5 re: kiddos but I don't think comes in the longer length vs. adding 180 degree swivel seats to the longer wheelbase variety which would leave more room for a table / office space / mtb storage.

Need to test drive those 'bad Larry's' though as I've never driven any kind of van and have concerns about van "standover" height on some of our dirt roads.

*Well I've been watching a lot of Youtube videos and using teh googlez...

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The expense should be zero. There is a free option out there.

Time now vs. headaches later. Do it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Construction won't happen until late this afternoon as I have meetings most of today. I've been doing parallel work to my fireplace, so I got the shelves I ripped and painted installed today. The originals (and doors still with contractor 2) weren't holding paint well and chipping on the edges, so I bought some poplar boards, cut it size, prepped and painted. Wifey is excited because she will be able to start adorning them with stuff. One thing I have noticed about the shelves is that they are off by 1/2", which is visible, from the left and right cabinets.
IMG_20200630_093242_01.jpg

At this point, Wifey is starting to come to the realization that when it comes to projects like these, she just needs to let me do them. Write up a plan, factor order of operations, put together our designs, and then do the work. She needs to give me time to work, but *shocker* this whole project is at damn near the same timeline as if I had done it myself. The house wouldn't be painted yet, but that is a 2-weekend job when planned out properly. In the end we would have saved over $7k in labor for a large amount of work that was redone because it was done wrong or poorly the first time, or needed to be redone because order of operations was not followed.

Those two holes are a perfect example. Lights are to be installed there. The switch is directly to the left and at one point, there was a hole on the ceiling drywall right at the wall-ceiling corner. The electrician and drywall/painter guy had no idea what each other were doing and so the hole for patched and painted over. Hell, the electrician didn't seem to know what he was supposed to do every time he got here. Now I have to feed a snake/fishing wire up through a 2" hole in the junction, then get another fishing wire to grab that one so I can feed the Romex through. WTF.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Work. Construction won't happen until late this afternoon as I have meetings most of today. I've been doing parallel work to my fireplace, so I got the shelves I ripped and painted installed today. The originals (and doors still with contractor 2) weren't holding paint well and chipping on the edges, so I bought some poplar boards, cut it size, prepped and painted. Wifey is excited because she will be able to start adorning them with stuff. One thing I have noticed about the shelves is that they are off by 1/2", which is visible, from the left and right cabinets.
View attachment 146995

At this point, Wifey is starting to come to the realization that when it comes to projects like these, she just needs to let me do them. Write up a plan, factor order of operations, put together our designs, and then do the work. She needs to give me time to work, but *shocker* this whole project is at damn near the same timeline as if I had done it myself. The house wouldn't be painted yet, but that is a 2-weekend job when planned out properly. In the end we would have saved over $7k in labor for a large amount of work that was redone because it was done wrong or poorly the first time, or needed to be redone because order of operations was not followed.
Can I get a quote from you for a rough stone retaining wall built alongside our driveway?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
View attachment 146995

Those two holes are a perfect example. Lights are to be installed there. The switch is directly to the left and at one point, there was a hole on the ceiling drywall right at the wall-ceiling corner. The electrician and drywall/painter guy had no idea what each other were doing and so the hole for patched and painted over. Hell, the electrician didn't seem to know what he was supposed to do every time he got here. Now I have to feed a snake/fishing wire up through a 2" hole in the junction, then get another fishing wire to grab that one so I can feed the Romex through. WTF.
That's going to look awesome with a "Live, Laugh, Love" sign on the shelf.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man am I ever getting frustrated at the crap level of documentation and whatnot that this guy left behind here.

Just ass backwards on things, not using technology and things to his and the business' benefit.

UGHHHHHHHHH :banghead: I assume he won't be taking care of all the documentation I maintained at the buildings he now sits in......

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The expense should be zero. There is a free option out there.

Time now vs. headaches later. Do it.
All this shit just reminds me that I need to do my fucking taxes. :mad:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
We learned our neighbors name yesterday.
Only took 14 years of living 60' away from each other.

Trails today were full on hero dirt after two days of heavy rain.
Greasy enough to keep things interesting but just about perfect conditions.
10/10 will bang again tmo.

I still need to do our 2018 taxes lol, fuck the irs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Can't wait to get off work. They aren't tacos, but I shall be having left over shredded chicken enchiladas tonight with fire roasted poblano and jalepenos.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We learned our neighbors name yesterday.
Only took 14 years of living 60' away from each other.

Trails today were full on hero dirt after two days of heavy rain.
Greasy enough to keep things interesting but just about perfect conditions.
10/10 will bang again tmo.

I still need to do our 2018 taxes lol, fuck the irs.
Trails are primo you say....:fancy: Maybe there is hope for my regularly scheduled Thursday night ride.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fuck off, Fucky McFuckerton. They gave me an extension... I used it. Now it's gonna fuck up some of my summer. And I'm gonna owe a SHITLOAD, I suspect. So... win?
Filed mine on Sunday, the feds took the money today. In my defense, I waited for some data that took way longer than usual in the year of covid.
I also fixed the goddamned gas range and am ready to bake some bread tonight.