Quantcast

T|-|URSDAY >> FR1DAY, dammit!!!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Holy fuck that was a bad earthquake, 7.0. My place seems to be fine with internet and power, but many people are not right now.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
not true.
Yeah - well some of us are coming in WAY below the new deduction limits. Mainly because our mortgage is ALMOST PAID OFF. :monkeydance:

But, to your point, YMMV. :p

yeah I am hoping my block is OK
Why in the FUCK do they continue to insist on putting fucking BELTS in engines for this?

Holy fuck that was a bad earthquake, 7.0. My place seems to be fine with internet and power, but many people are not right now.
Damn, man - that's pretty big. 1st I'd heard of it...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Fucking aftershocks are unreal though (like you just want to relax but you can't).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wife freaked out last night about the step van. I told her the loan was her idea, we got approved and the money is in the bank. I can give the money back, but it will cost me $15 to do so. If I get a good running truck for what I am willing to pay, we have at least enough to do the infrastructure and basics without spending additional funds.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fucking day from hell... needless to say i took the backroads home and pushed the C280 sport to the edge a couple of times as a stress reliever.....:rockout:

JM I was a mile from the epicenter of the 7.1 Loma Prieta 1989 earthquake....anything in the 7s is one hell of a hairball ride. glad you made it through unscathed. The aftershocks in the middle of the night can be unnerving. Keep a headlamp in the bed under the covers where it can't get lost on the floor: if another big one/ aftershock hits and you hear a loud structural cracking noise and you need light to bail....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
fucking day from hell... needless to say i took the backroads home and pushed the C280 sport to the edge a couple of times as a stress reliever.....:rockout:

JM I was a mile from the epicenter of the 7.1 Loma Prieta 1989 earthquake....anything in the 7s is one hell of a hairball ride. glad you made it through unscathed. The aftershocks in the middle of the night can be unnerving. Keep a headlamp in the bed under the covers where it can't get lost on the floor: if another big one/ aftershock hits and you hear a loud structural cracking noise and you need light to bail....
I was on the exit from the Bay Bridge going into Oakland.
Haven't been back over that bridge since.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was on the exit from the Bay Bridge going into Oakland.
Haven't been back over that bridge since.
Supervisor at Pizza My Heart in Capitola. Wooden building on pilings on the beach. Major Liquefaction and shaking. Door jams were swaying off kilter 20 to 30 * the pizza ovens were bouncing in the air. We got tossed round like rag dolls. When the shaking stopped we ran outside were immediately covered in dust from the collapse of the sea cliff down by the movie theater. We got the hell up to high ground as soon as we got the gas shut off to all the restaurants on the row. Riding my bike home you could see the smoke from the fires in Santa Cruz and Watsonville. Fucking intense