Quantcast

Tablet recommendations?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'd like to get a new tablet. Not an Apple guy, but my current tablet is an ancient Gen 1 ipad.
Want: great display/ sound, long battery life.
Who uses what, how do you like it and would you recommend? Thanks amigos!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have a Microsoft Surface that works well. Its nice that its an actual computer, so whatever I do on my laptop, I can do on it.

Expensive, though...

Also have a few Surface Go's floating around. They are smaller, lighter and easier on the wallet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a Microsoft Surface that works well. Its nice that its an actual computer, so whatever I do on my laptop, I can do on it.

Expensive, though...

Also have a few Surface Go's floating around. They are smaller, lighter and easier on the wallet.
I have an HP Spectre X360. Also a "convertible" computer. Display is amazeballs, also very expensive.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I bought a Galaxy Tab 5e in January last year to replace my ancient LG 7+ year old tablet. The intent was to use mostly when I travel for work, then I stopped travelling for work.

I like it, does the job with a great display, battery life seems good and has played every film file I've put on it.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I pad is awesome cuz apple slows them down and drops support.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I have a Lenovo Smart Tab Yoga flippy floppy or something, my niece and nephew play games on it but I find it to be a pretty pointless device, the new version looks better and keeps the large speakers.

I'd probably buy a Windows tablet because Android devices are like little dictators, my NVIDIA Shield keeps showing me recommended shows on Amazon Prime even if I disable the app, I can't uninstall it unless I get root access, other apps can be removed but then come back on their own, fuck Android!
I'd get a stick PC instead of the Shield if I got another streaming box.
If funds permit I'd buy a Dell Latitude 7220 tablet, but they don't.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
What do you want to do with it?

I think the cheapest Surface tablet is kind of a nice device because it can be a full-fledged PC. But if you definitely don't need anything other than media consumption, I'd probably get an Amazon Fire tablet cheap, or another iPad if you don't mind shelling out the cash.