Quantcast

Tabletops?

skinny

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Victoria, BC, Canada
I need some help with tabletop technique. It seems that I pull tabletops in quite the odd manner. I can't get the bike tilted very well, and i end up turning the bars the other way from the way i'm supposed to turn them. Can someone help me with a surefire technique for doing tabletops?

:help:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I don't think the way you turn your bars makes much difference. I get my best tabletops when I turn the bars down and kick left. But I can also get a bit of tabletop turning the bars up and kicking right. Do whatever works best for you, almost everyone tabletops slightly differently, that's what makes it such a cool trick :thumb:

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
You're doing the new "trick du joir" these days, the "euro table." Those are pretty cool, but that's not what you're asking at all, is it...

Anywho, here's the thing. You don't need to turn your bars at all! By keeping the bars straight, you can actually pull them up into your gut, which gets the 'top a little more clicked. If you turn 'em, you can push yourself more flat, though. It's all about personal style.

Really, it's just practice. Think about the motions/practice them before you hit any jumps. Push down with the arms, pull up with the legs... push down with the arms, pull up with the legs...