Quantcast

Taco on an Uzzi VP

Jun 18, 2004
if e thirteen is so great (i've been running them since they were called Evil) how come they don't work on an Uzzi VP?

I've filled, rotated, done every thing but spent another $150 on an LG+ guide

Because I figure I've spent enough $$$ over the years and they have fit all the other Intense and Banshee frames I've owned...

The "guide picker" says it will work but in truth it works half assed

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
if e thirteen is so great (i've been running them since they were called Evil) how come they don't work on an Uzzi VP?

I've filled, rotated, done every thing but spent another $150 on an LG+ guide

Because I figure I've spent enough $$$ over the years and they have fit all the other Intense and Banshee frames I've owned...

The "guide picker" says it will work but in truth it works half assed
Hi Str8,
By design, most of the VPP2 suspension bikes from Intense have fitment issues due to the lower black linkage and pivot points on the VPP2 suspension. While this wasn't as much of an issue with the VPP1, the VPP2 design requires an even more dropped chainstay design that will interfere with most guides. Last year (US Open or so), we worked with the mechanic travelling with the Intense Demo truck on fitting a DRS to a proto Uzzi VP. After fitting up that guide and checking out the frame a bit more, we noticed this linkage issue (that would effect all brands of chainguides). We also determined that the SRS+ would be a better fit for the bike, and would still require a slight bit of modification (much less than the LG1+ would...as the DirectMount BGD is thicker than the SRS lower armature).

There have been several discussions over on MTBR regarding chainguides on AM/Trail bikes from Intense, and my personal opinion is that any bike with ISCG (or ISCG-05) tabs on the frame should have space allowance for at least one style of chainguide. The SRS+ and LG1+ have been designed from the ground up to fit on the widest variety of chainstay designs and chainring sizes, as well as clear funky frame designs such as dropped downtubes (Specialized Demo, Giant Glory, etc).

We at e*thirteen make chainguides that are designed to perform at 100%, and while a great design does wonders, in the end the setup is what will make or break your end experience on the trail. Some frames simply will not allow a proper setup (chainring dead center over seam in LG1+ TopSlider, LowerRoller centered, guide clocked to ~11).

We hope you are enjoying your holiday, and if you would like to talk about this more feel free to email me: philipw@e13components.com :thumb:

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen :cheers: