Quantcast

Taco with Dual Ring Setup?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Is it possible to run just the taco guard with a dual ring setup?
The idea behind running a taco setup in the past was to eliminate excess weight. When we introduced the Turbocharger, we brought the weight between our LG1+ and SRS+ within 25g of each other...negligible weight, especially being so low on the bike.

Our latest dual ring guide, the Heim2 weighs in at 150 grams...just about as light as you would probably want for a full bash dual ring guide without sacrificing durability and performance. The Turbocharger can also be rotated to get extra life out of each side if need be.

Cheers,
philipw

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
thx Phillip makes sense

but if i wanted to , would I be able to run the taco and guard with a Dual Ring setup?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
thx Phillip makes sense

but if i wanted to , would I be able to run the taco and guard with a Dual Ring setup?
There are no mounting holes on the DRS backplate, or any of our dual ring systems. You might be able to rig somthing up, but I can't tell you how it would perform, or even how well it would retain the chain.

-philip

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I made a dual ring taco guide years ago. It worked well, and was light- ~125g IIRC. It was a little under engineered in spots, but it served me well for 2 or 3 years. I'll try and dig up pics later.