Quantcast

Tacoma drivers, what fer tires are you running?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I have the Duratracs on my diesel chevy work truck, which is hell on tires.
Also have had Revos and Michelins + others.

The duratracs are wearing great/evenly and are unstoppable in deep snow and the unimproved roads I encounter (getting to hunting/sled camps etc, nothing extreme).

They are loud compared to a pure street tire but the quality (USA made) is exceptional (very round, little weights needed, no chunking of tread). Cornering and highway speed manners are great, too.

The Revos are also good tires and more 'street' friendly than the goodyears.
They also get loud and traction goes to crap once they wear beyond 70% due to the compound changing.

For anything beyond street use Michelins have always disappointed me on the truck despite wanting to find one that works. My cars always run michelin rubber.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I have the Duratracs on my diesel chevy work truck, which is hell on tires.
Also have had Revos and Michelins + others.

The duratracs are wearing great/evenly and are unstoppable in deep snow and the unimproved roads I encounter (getting to hunting/sled camps etc, nothing extreme).

They are loud compared to a pure street tire but the quality (USA made) is exceptional (very round, little weights needed, no chunking of tread). Cornering and highway speed manners are great, too.

The Revos are also good tires and more 'street' friendly than the goodyears.
They also get loud and traction goes to crap once they wear beyond 70% due to the compound changing.

For anything beyond street use Michelins have always disappointed me on the truck despite wanting to find one that works. My cars always run michelin rubber.
Yeah, those are the ones. Here is the rebate form:
http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/goodyear-rebate

Also, even though the rebate lists 3 sets of AT style tires, they allow you to use it any style Wranglers, including the radials, which is what I went with. Stock, my blazer can only run 235/75/15 and get max clearance. I had TA KO's and loved the burly sidewalls, which saved my rim once. But since it's a narrower footprint on the 15's, they do this weird thing with the traction knobs.

The TA KO's on a small 15 are narrower blocks with the same depth as a 31" or 33". So, when you go around turns, they act like a mud tire and wiggle like crazy. Won't ever buy those again on anything less than a 31".