Quantcast

Tacoma Urban Riding

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Theres a possible stairgap at the school on Pearl, some DJ's at vassault if you hop a fence, and a crappy DH trail.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
KNine said:
Anybody around here do urban around Downtown Tacoma? Is it worth doing?
You mean ride street, right?
I do, but haven't in a while. I would be willing to hook up and ride. My freinds and I know of some wall rides and stuff.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
I did this sweet urban tire grind the other day.
Here's how you do it, you ride along the sidewalk in the street and when you are going fast enough wheelie your front tire up onto the curb. (it's kind of hard to get up there) and then grind your back tire along the side of the curb. Sometimes you can even get your front tire off before you totally fall over, Then it is awesome!

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
ride said:
I did this sweet urban tire grind the other day.
Here's how you do it, you ride along the sidewalk in the street and when you are going fast enough wheelie your front tire up onto the curb. (it's kind of hard to get up there) and then grind your back tire along the side of the curb. Sometimes you can even get your front tire off before you totally fall over, Then it is awesome!
I've only been lucky enough to pull this trick once, and I will tell you...... IT IS AWESOME!!!

EL-Jefe

Chimp
Nov 16, 2004
Hilltop
I live downtown tacoma, and I know of some cool spots. There is a stair gap at stadium high. I mostly ride trials on my mod due to the steep hills and the small gear on my mod makes it easy to pedal around.there is a cool fountain by gillians that is fun to hop around on. some of the bike security can be jerks but alot of them dont care.