Quantcast

Tahoe Monkey Fest?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Every year I put out the call for one of these, and yet we have never managed to pull our collective heads out of each others' butts long enough to get it done.

I'm pushing for something a little less family oriented than the back east gathering. More booze, fewer children, trips into Reno to play with guns. Maybe a bit more Fear and Loathing in Tahoe...

Any interest? I'm thinking N* unless someone wants to sell me on the shorter drive from Phoenix to Mammoth?

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
My 2 favorite places to ride, though it would be a day trip since work/bills come first during our busy tourist time. Although......

Mammoth is hosting an 8hr/24hr event the end of July, and though I've done these solo in the past, I'd be up for the idea of a team this year......

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
More booze than Northeast Monkeyfest?? Every year, there is literally too much booze to be consumed. I think one year I did the math and there was enough beer for 50 beers per attendee...and that's assuming everyone was drinking, and that was just the beer.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'd probably be more down for Mammoth than Tahoe. Less impressed the last couple times I've gone and it's twice the drive.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Big bear is another option you should consider dirt . Not that bad of a drive from Phoenix and you'll get a good turn out from the SoCal monkeys .also it's suppose to return to it's dh glory this year .

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I get legally edgy with the idea of going awesome with firearms in California. I have an Irish ass, jail is no place for me as even a 4" dicked MS13 member could rape me for hours.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
yes, the event is a xc thing for my lycra-wearing pansy a$$. if guns are involved, i will have to graciously decline as i can't be around them.

btw, down south in rocky point, visiting family, making pizza and bagels for them, playing poo on your neighbor, and developing a nasty morning cough. driving back tomorrow through vegas, and now that i've hogged the post for my personal gain, i will go seashell hunting.......

Last edited:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I'd LOVE to hit Tahoe during the summer give me a reason my schedule is open. Shawn I was at Harvey's a week and a half ago with some buddies (very mini highschool reunion many states removed.) I saw you in the pit, had to take care of something for like 15 mins, when I came back around you had left. Thorry!

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
I'd LOVE to hit Tahoe during the summer give me a reason my schedule is open. Shawn I was at Harvey's a week and a half ago with some buddies (very mini highschool reunion many states removed.) I saw you in the pit, had to take care of something for like 15 mins, when I came back around you had left. Thorry!

either you had to release some beer, or you had to resupply your beer??? i'm never too busy for a fellow monkey when in the area....

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Um, is it too late to say Buffalo and I could potentially be down for a Tahoe or Whistler Mokey-Fest in August-September... We'll have our Sportsmobile by then so we'll be down for most places in the NW!!! Whoop whoop!

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wait, you're getting a Sportsmobile? No ****ing fair! I have always wanted one of those.

I got looking into it today, we can rent what's known as the "Stabbin Cabin" in Incline for $150 a night, 3 night minimum. That puts us on the Nevada side, so about a 20 minute drive to Northstar. It'll sleep 20, or so I've been told, and someone has been killed in it evidently.

I'm thinking August would be best for me. By then it'll be so hot in Phoenix that I'm going to want to slit my wrists and walk into a freezer. I figure I can do a few days with my folks for my birthday, see everyone in Reno that I need to see, then head up to the lake.

We can do jerseys if you really want. I think it adds some class to the ass. However, no one will let me print obscenities on there, nor can I call anyone "retard" on the jersey evidently. Goddamn censorship in this country is at an all time high level of lame and no fun.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
if it's northstar shredding and beer, I'm in. The catch for me is my wife goes.

Don't worry though, she does northstar shredding and beer also.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Wait, you're getting a Sportsmobile? No ****ing fair! I have always wanted one.
They are pretty rad! Ours is up in Anchorage at my bro-in-law's... he checked it out and we bought it a month ago. We go up to drive it down to Seattle in...

i have no days off work from mid July through mid September so for me it is going to be June
...June (1-17), so June is out for us!

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm pushing for August or late July.

Once we work out a date I can find us somewhere to stay. Would most of y'all prefer to stay at Northstar, or do you want to stay at the lake and perhaps rent a boat one day?