Quantcast

Tahoe Shreddage Pictures

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
I finally got back, a few hours ago, around 4:30 AM. The trip was awesome, we did a ton of riding. I didn't take as many pictures as usual but I got some real solid stuff. We had a sweet condo on the mountain at Northstar, so we were about a minute from the lifts. Unfortunately I broke my SGS at some point, but thankfully local Mike Town (dhtahoe) decided to let me take his v10 for the last two days of our trip. The guy def gets a thumbs up in my book because I either wouldn't have ridden, or I would have tried and ripped the SGS in half. Thanks again Mike.

Now for some pictures.

James in the rocks.

Fun berms at the top of the mountain.

Brad caught up with us for two days of riding on the tail end of his family vacation.

Dusty?

Boondocks is my fav run out there.

A guy we rode with briefly.

The next day we took a break from the mountain and rode some of the Tahoe Rim Trail, a favorite route I rode two years ago, starting from Mount Rose. I took this picture at the top near Tunnel Creek Rd. I climbed up to this overlook then turned around and rode the switchbacks back down to tunnel creek, something I wished I had done last time, as opposed to going down the other side. It was fun.

Back to Northstar. Sticks and Stones is my second favorite run on the mountain.

I like this shot, its probably my favorite one I took.

More Boondocks action.

This one is weird but I've decided I like it.

On our last day, Will (The Sherpa) from Arkansas shows up to ride while he's in the area. Unfortunately for him I have no pictures of him....but he really was there.

A guy we rode with on our last day. He was fast. This is on one of my favorite sections of Dog Bone.

Lastly, right after we finished riding on our last day, we saw this bear. It was cool.

Enjoy these, tell me what you think of them.

J

JRB

Awesome dude. I am truly jealous. I have nearly the same pic of those two lakes on the rim trail. I will try to dig it up.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Excellent photos as always.

Have you had any luck with publishing beyond dirt rag. I seem to remember you saying something about other magazines requiring slide submissions or something other than digital.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
DRB said:
Excellent photos as always.

Have you had any luck with publishing beyond dirt rag. I seem to remember you saying something about other magazines requiring slide submissions or something other than digital.
I'm having trouble getting in on anything else. For now I'm not actively trying to achieve any level of publication, just shooting lots and if my stuff is good enough, hopefully oppurtunities will arise.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
good thing you guys are scrawny, that bear probably would have killed ya and eaten ya if ya werent.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Oh man those pics make me want to go back so bad. I love N* and I think I'm going to pack my bags and get the hell out of the Socal trap.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
motomike said:
umm Ben, please change your avatar. Preferably back to one that compliments your "rump junkie" title. thanks and have a good day.

better? you know the avatar of the that bitches busted grill was awesome though. i mean it had to be done.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dh girlie said:
SHUT UP! Are you serious??? I have NEVER seen a bear at Northstar...never even seen a deer...just chipmunks...which i quickly learned are sot the same as gerbils and have much larger claws..
wow a lesson learned the hard way huh?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
dh girlie said:
SHUT UP! Are you serious??? I have NEVER seen a bear at Northstar...never even seen a deer...just chipmunks...which i quickly learned are sot the same as gerbils and have much larger claws..

wow a lesson learned the hard way huh?
bahahahahaha! :thumb: that quote needed to be quoted

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
dh girlie said:
SHUT UP! Are you serious??? I have NEVER seen a bear at Northstar...never even seen a deer...just chipmunks...
I almost hit a deer at 2am after 10 hours of driving on my way up to N* from San Diego. Scared me silly/awake. The deer was right on the road just munchin on grass or something. Didn't see any beers though and I left tons of food in my car at the condos in N*. Won't be doing that again.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
ncrider said:
I almost hit a deer at 2am after 10 hours of driving on my way up to N* from San Diego. Scared me silly/awake. The deer was right on the road just munchin on grass or something. Didn't see any beers though and I left tons of food in my car at the condos in N*. Won't be doing that again.
I'm talking at the resort...you never see animals around...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
That bear was sweet, wish I coulda seen it too... It was fun riding with you guys for a day, ya'lls are quick. You should go to Whistler next week like all the cool kids are...

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
bikenweed said:
That bear was sweet, wish I coulda seen it too... It was fun riding with you guys for a day, ya'lls are quick. You should go to Whistler next week like all the cool kids are...
Jeff? I was the kid riding the black V10.

TP: I love your shots and it was great riding with you pinners again. See you at Snowshoe.

DHG: TP, CC, and I tracked the bayer for about 20 min coming within 10-15ft at times.