Quantcast

Take a moment today and call your folks

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Last night when I got home from work I received a phone call telling me that my father pasted away that morning from a stroke. I haven’t talked to my dad in a few months, I guess I’m the normal 30 something who’s been wrapped up in work, training, and my family. I can’t tell you how $hitty it feels to not have had a chance to tell him I love you one last time.

I guess my point is just take a moment and call your folks and tell them you love them – you never know when you may get “that call”

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I know how you feel Mancil. I lost my mom suddenly about 10 years ago.

I'm sorry for your loss and will be thinking about you and your family.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Really sorry to hear of your loss. Like you said, give value to those who love you now, cause you never know what's around the next bend in life....

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Sorry for you loss Mancil. :( I hate to say it, but I was the same until my dad passed away, now I talk to my mom a couple times a week.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I lost my mom unexpectedly two years ago but she had just visited us here in NYC and I gave a big goodbye hug in the air port. Still miss her too much. Feel better Kona.

chrismac

Chimp
Nov 3, 2006
sorry to hear man.

i got the same call heading to work monday morning five years ago. my life changed instantly. we hadn't been on the same page for a while, much less talk about it.. it still rides with me; probably always will. its hard to be prepared for the unexpected. best to you and your family.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
My prayers go to you and your family. I lost my mom almost 3 years ago. The pain gets easier, but the thoughts never leave.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Very sorry about your lost - my condolences goes out to you and your family.

my folks are across the country - yet I talk to them almost every single day.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:(

so sorry for the loss of your dad..

i leaned this from my experinece and that is be there for your mom. she is going to need you to get thru this.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Dang, man.

I'm really sorry for your loss.

I talk to my folks almost daily, whether it be by email or telephone or in person, and I try to sit down with my parents individually, or separately, at least once every two weeks.

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
Kona,
Sorry to hear about that man. I lost my mother on New Year's a couple years back and I know what you're going through is tough. Try to think about the good times instead of regrets. He'd want you to remember those.

Keep your head up.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude, that sucks and I'm sorry for your loss.

I try to keep in touch with my folks about once a month. I know they are getting short and it scares me a little to get that call.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I am so sorry. I know how you feel as the same thing happened to me when I lost my grandmother, who raised me so she was my mother for all intents and purposes.

I know it's hard but don't let guilt get to you.