Quantcast

Take a ride on the wild side with Sanjay. Fontucky style

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Fury said:
Works fine for me with media player.. try WinAmp.
no WinAmp on the Mac. I closed every application but WMP and got it to work. Honestly, I can run 1080p High Def. Quicktime files without batting an eyelash, but WMP will bog my machine to a crawl. Crappy Microsoft.
and now pack to our regularly scheduled program....
Sick riding now that I see it :thumb:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
mtnbrider said:
Cool movie. That place looks somewhat flowy, didn't notice studder bumps.
Yeah, not too many braking bumps. It's really fun, you should go down some weekend.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I would be there but I broke my rim at the seam and I haven't ordered a replacement yet.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
sanj, you should talk to donny about designing courses for the regular series, that looks fun. Is that on the left side of the road or higher up on the right side?

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
El_Chimichanga said:
Is that Kircaldie's old race bike?
I am pretty sure the frame is Kircaldies 2004 race frame. Colin rode small frames and this is a medium. I'm suprised it still works. The current owner is Roger from Romic. He let me borrow it because I don't have my own Dh bike.

W4S said:
sanj, you should talk to donny about designing courses for the regular series, that looks fun. Is that on the left side of the road or higher up on the right side?
Brian,
I would love to design some of the courses there, but I don't think it would ever happen. Doesn't Donny just run 1 course these days. I haven't been to many Southridge races over the last couple years, but all the ones I have been to only had one course. I don't think beginners would have much fun riding my course.
As far as the footage, so of that stuff is on the left of the road (looking up at the mountain). It was where our Super D course came down from.
Are you still riding G-spot on wednesday? If so, count me in.

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Sanj... are we going to see you on the 20th at Fanta? I'm going to line up a pony keg of Stone... what's your preference? Smoked Porter, IPA, Arrogant Bastard?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Give me a call, re: g-spot. I can't go until the weekend, now. let me know what your schedule is.

Donny says he only does one course because he doesn't have enough time to prep two courses. I'm sure you could get two volunteers to prep the pro/expert course. I love racing out there, but more challenging courses would be great.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
Nice video... you guys should email it to Southridge, it would be a good promotion to get people pumped on riding that mountan.

Also I don't know what g-spot you're talking about but if it's the one in northern part of so cal let me know. I ride that all the time and it's always more fun to ride with new people.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Are the trails open to riders before the practice day? I've never been out there and I have no idea where the trails are, but I kinda want to walk or ride the course before i shell out 35 bucks to race only to discover that it's a man eater. Is anybody going in the next couple weeks? I can help shuttle 4 bikes. I've never raced in my life, but fontana is insanely close to claremont so I might have to try it out.

That or give me directions to the trailhead.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
ok, i am going to the closet to get my asbestos jacket to block the flames. this is not meant to be a slam, but it might sound kinda mean:

the video looked ok. the riding looked fun, but not fast. the terrain did not look that tough. it also did have some flow, but nothing that impressed me. i think i have been brainwashed by all the bike videos out there. without quick cut edits and fast metal music, the riding seems kinda bland. i am sure it was fun. i am also sure it was faster and smoother than i would have done. but for some reason it just does not do anything for me.

anybody else feel like they have been desensitized to flow by the current crop of mountain bike videos on the market?

Scarpa

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
Felton
mandown said:
anybody else feel like they have been desensitized to flow by the current crop of mountain bike videos on the market?
Not me. I enjoy "homemade" footage 10x as much as the commercial mountain bike videos. Mainly because I can relate to it better. The only exception is the trials stuff, I love watching that in any form mainly because I *can't* relate. It's like magic.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I heard he spent like 99% of his movie budget on hookers and blow. When he originally came up with the idea for this video he had pyrotecnics, lifted trucks and big wooden stunts built into the script but somehow it degenerated into this pile of crap. so sad, really.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
mandown said:
the video looked ok. the riding looked fun, but not fast. the terrain did not look that tough. it also did have some flow, but nothing that impressed me. i think i have been brainwashed by all the bike videos out there. without quick cut edits and fast metal music, the riding seems kinda bland.
See, I really don't like 99% of the DH/FR videos out there. I like relaxed, laid back, flowing stuff like this. I don't like it if it's all cut up and fast paced, I like to watch the rider go.

Do you ever watch TRA's Echo trials videos? I think they kick ass. They're edited enough to cut out most of the boring parts, but they let the guy show his talent without cutting to scene after scene.

I'd much rather watch Sanjay flow over some rocky terrain than a dozen cuts of the latest huckfest.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
a) sanjay is very fast.
b) sped up footage in commercial videos looks stupid.
c) this video doesn't.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
great sound track but unfortunatly thats all i could get to play is just the sound, anybody got a reliable wm player for mac or a quicktime recorder for sanjay? I'll Be there the 20th mabey a live version is in order