Quantcast

take this friday and fuck it thread....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hello all

did approximately 1.8 persons worth of work yesterday by my objective count, so I feel @Nick 's pain

will probably do about 1.2 today

saw Eternals last night. It was a hot mess of a movie. I do not recommend it.

Teammate presented our project at an executive meeting today. He literally copied the presentation I made for a technical conference. I suggested he modify it as it was not tailored to a leadership discussion. He didn't seem to want to bother doing any work. Let's just say things went rather poorly, he mainly demonstrated he had no idea what he was talking about. It would have been hilarious if it didn't reflect poorly on the work I have done.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
he mainly demonstrated he had no idea what he was talking about
My current problem isn't of incompetence (although we did have a bout with that in July--he got encouraged to leave quick!) but rather just of staffing straight up. 3 people out on FMLA at last count, 2 that just left (for Arizona and Vermont), and this bridge period before new hires start in December and January.

Oh, and one of the competent co-workers is just very, very slow. Like half of normal speed slow, although the work product is good ultimately. Like staying until 3 AM to finish work slow, for a shift whose responsibilities end ~10 PM. I don't really care about that part except that means he's then half-present today, dragging ass because he's understandably exhausted.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
"If you feel guilty over masturbating, speak with someone you trust about why you feel this way and how you can move past that guilt."

@Changleen , I feel so much guilt boxing the one-eyed champ. How can I get past this guilt?
We all forgive you. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. Fap away. Ceiling cat approves.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
1) OMG build some dedicated trails, it’s not like space is an issue
2) How do you need a special law for this? Surely this is premeditated assault?
1) ability to build legally is an issue on US federal land, even though there's definitely plenty of space to do it. Full NEPA analyses, NIMBY outrage. It's a clusterfuck
All that said, there is an mtb specific jump trail that spurs off of this one, making traffic worse. It's also a really easy shuttle. They should just let us build a completely separate trail but it would have to go by a creek and the environmental industry here has made that difficult because manufactured outrage

2)"domestic terrorism" :rofl:
Rich white people are so fragile.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
1) ability to build legally is an issue on US federal land, even though there's definitely plenty of space to do it. Full NEPA analyses, NIMBY outrage. It's a clusterfuck
and state land, and county land, and......... basically any land you don't outright own yourself. even then you'll probably have some kind of fuckin' issue.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
le sigh

Told one of our students to install Windows on a computer. He returns it setup like this:

FFS
:banghead:
I told my boss I could put a SSD in to his laptop really easily, a year later I still have it but now it has some captive nuts floating around inside it, hahaha!

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
That is some bulllllllllshit.

Hope you're ok. Take care of yourself. Watch out for the fam.
Wife tested negative, older one is never around me so I hope she doesn't get it, the young one I am wondering about.

Half the company is sick, I being the only one that is willing to get tested am now the bad one.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
saw Eternals last night. It was a hot mess of a movie. I do not recommend it.
the special efx in the movie look underwhelming to me....

go with a better name than deviants.....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
the special efx in the movie look underwhelming to me....

go with a better name than deviants.....
Too jumpy in the timeline for no real point. No chance to develop a connection with any characters besides Ikarus and Sersei (I think those are their alternate spellings) and not even really. And yes, the Deviants were underwhelming. Especially the initial fight seen. Just blah.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, I fucked this Friday, and fucked it good. Got my new camper shell, bought a friend’s camper to storage in Blackfoot, had good ‘n greasy dirty méx.
Got six tickets for a show I thought I was shut out of, that was a nice surprise. (Sold out in less than two minutes)
Met my buddy Steve, and he took me on a bunch of new trails that RIP in a super-XC way. Absolutely perfect trails for the new whip as is. Getting to absolutely love that thing. And the dirt was PERFECT.
Then got the honey-do Lowe’s shopping done, made it home in an hour and a half to a home cooked Chicken Shawirma, with fresh tzaziki. Dip in the tub, and it’s beddy-bye time!
(is this as fascinating as a Toshi thread yet?):D