Quantcast

Taking dogs to Whistler?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Kevin and I taking my parents, and their dog, up to Whistler next week. Does anyone know the papers that are required for crossing the boarder with a dog?

Thanks, Amy

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
I think you just need to carry proof of rabies vaccination. But that's what I found out through research, not actually having done it...

Linda

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
We get health certificates for the dogs saying they're up to date on all their shots and in good health.

Also make sure that if you have any dog treats, food, etc. when coming back to the US you have them in the bags that says they were manufactured in the US (most contain meat by-products). We've been stopped twice now so they could check our dog food! :mumble:

moondog

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
Ballard, WA
I used to take my dog to Canada all the time and never once was asked for papers or anything. That being said, I have a friend who said she got stuck at the border for hours once because they didn't have a rabies certificate. Apparently the collar tag wasn't enough and they had to have the vet fax a copy of the certificate to the border. After I heard that I made sure to keep a copy in my glove box.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
we haven't been asked for rabies documents by the Canadian customs folk, but the US guys ask on the return every single time.

geargrrl